My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Friday, May 20, 2005

It's the little things that count

I have been having a really tough week and have been confused about what I should do. Today wasn't any better. I have even more support on my side, but still have one big hurdle that is standing strong in resistance. It is making me insane that I have no control (this is my ocd kicking in) and can't say that I have been speaking to others and have their support.

I keep thinking it must be a full moon week or something. I had a similar experience to the story of the other day when someone's computer wouldn't come up because it was unplugged. Well today I received a call that someone computers wouldn't come up... this time the monitors were turned off. (I should get a raise, apparently this is rocket science!)

I had so much that I wanted to rant and rave about tonight, but I just can't. Right now I have Doodlebug in my arms (yes, it is very difficult to type) and she is falling asleep while listening to her lullaby music and holding onto me... THIS IS WHAT IT IS ALL ABOUT!!! My problems don't seem to be such a big deal any longer and they are actually leaving my mind as I hold her. About an hour ago, DH had her in his lap and was talking and playing with her. She was laughing harder than I have ever seen her laugh in the 4 months of her life. It brings joy to my heart to see him so happy playing with her. I think back to a few years ago when we couldn't have a child of our own and I know we are truly blessed to have her in our lives even if it is only part time as grandparents.

I read something the other day that really rings true... Grandchildren are God's gift to us for letting our children live.

So I will end tonight with happy thoughts in my head and heart and know that all things happen for a reason and what is meant to be will happen, just maybe not at the time you thought it should. : )

0 comments(s):

post a comment

<< Home