My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Let the fun begin

The weekend is almost over and tomorrow the fun begins. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and the company I work for is great, it's just the normal office politics and it would be nice if they could just make a decision and stick to it.
I was taking a shower earlier and my mind was actually blank (I normally do some of my best thinking in the shower... am I one of the world's great eccentric geniuses or just have way to much going on in my brain?) when I went to shave my legs, a co-worker's comment popped into my mind and made me laugh hysterically. The other day I was commenting on her outfit and how nice she looked when she suddenly blurts out "Oh My God, I forgot to shave my legs". While this comment is not normally funny, the expression and inflection was as if it was some world crisis. I just want to say to my friend... Thanks for the laugh!

Doodlebug and I went to visit Marebear yesterday. The visit was great, one of our favs for lunch and then we got to be spy queens. However, I have to tell you about the trip. I am going up a major 2 lane street when several car lengths ahead of me is a dilapidated truck with a ton of junk on the back of it. I wanted to get over due to the truck and the guy in the next lane would not let me over (and they wonder why people get road rage). When all of a sudden, this huge piece of plywood comes flying off the back of this truck and is headed for my vehicle like a missile. I slammed on the brakes, swerved and managed to miss getting hit by the wood (Apparently I'm an even better driver than I give myself credit for. LOL) I thought that's it, I am going to give this guy a piece of my mind (My veh has not had the best of luck in the past 2 months) . When I got up to the truck, there were no plates, the name on the side had been marked out with black paint and there were 3 not so nice looking guys in it. By the time I realized all of this, I was already next to them and glaring that you've really pissed me off look. When they turned to look at me glaring at them, I suddenly smiled, looked ahead and acted as if nothing had happened. Score 1 for the bad guys. But at least I'm still alive.

I wondered last week if it was a full moon week. I was close, tomorrow is a full moon. If I was questioning it last week, what is in store for me this week? Should I stay home in bed or face it head on? I guess I will face the challenges head on, as they say... That which does not kill you, makes you stronger. By this time in my life, I must be super woman (just without the great body and magic lasso).

I hope everyone had a great weekend and goodbye for now until I write again.

0 comments(s):

post a comment

<< Home