My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Monday, May 23, 2005

It's a Full Moon, and I'm not scared...

What does it say about me that on the day of the full moon, that I have actually had my best day in the few weeks? Am I so unlucky that everyone else's bad days are my good days? I was really dreading this week as our department of 4 has been reduced to 2, me and the boss. Then I found out today, that both positions have been filled and one of them is even starting tomorrow, YIPPEE!!!

Last night, DH and I went to dinner. It took forever to get our food and when it came, it was really cold. I don't normally complain (I am always afraid of them spitting in my food if I send it back), but the server asked how it was and between the cold food, the long wait and the fact that she hadn't smiled the entire time we were there, I was fed up and actually told her our food was cold. She apologized and offered to take it back and nuke it in the microwave. I declined this offer as 1) microwave fried chicken - yuk. 2) the spitting thing. The mgr came over, apologized and told us he was having our dinner recooked at that very moment. 5 minutes later, we had hot food (I felt safe eating it, as our server didn't bring it out). The mgr then walked by, made sure everything was ok and he even took the bill as the meal was on them for the poor service. Yes, there is justice in this world. Would I ever do this again? Probably not... again back to the spitting thing and I think it was just my lucky night as it was almost a full moon. Sidenote: DH was in the bathroom a lot last night... hmmm, maybe his plate wasn't safe after all. (Marebear, I hope you had a good laugh on this one... should I have warned you to use the bathroom before you read it?)

I am very upset with the teenager and g/f. They had Doodlebug's ears pierced yesterday. I think she is way too young for this. I can give my opinion, but I really don't get a say in it. Sometimes it is very tough to stand on the sidelines. I just hope she doesn't have any problems with them as I would hate to see her in any pain. On a good note though, we bought her a walker this weekend. Pictures will be taken and sent to all the usual parties.

I will write again later and just maybe my luck will hold out.

0 comments(s):

post a comment

<< Home