My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Do I have Good Luck or Bad Luck???

I haven't posted lately as I have been very busy, so I will try and get in as much as I can. However, I am really tired tonight as I have been shopping like a maniac the past few days for Doodlebug and myself. I went Friday at lunch with my boss, Saturday with my Mom and Little Sis and then again today with my Little Sis. We have been finding a lot of great bargains and really enjoying ourselves. Anyone who knows me is aware of my great lust for shoes... will I have decided to carry on the tradition with Doodlebug. At 4 months old, she is now the proud owner of 6 pairs of shoes!

Also, Doodlebug's Mom and I had a bit of a spat yesterday. We normally get her on Fri night and take her back on Sat evening. As the teenager was out of town, it was changed on me and I was to get her at noon on Sat and keep her until Sun evening. Then the teenager tells me that as he was still out of town, the g/f wasn't going to let me have her until 8PM. I was not a happy camper and called her. She actually had the nerve to bump me twice on her cell phone and then when I reached her at home lied to me and told me her phone was on vibrate and she never heard it ring. PLEASE!!!! Anyway, I gave her a piece of my mind about the whole thing as I am tired of doing everything around her schedule with her family. I ended up getting the Princess at 4:30 PM. Score 1 for KGrams!!! Also, I spoke with g/f's mom today and she apologized that I didn't get her as early as I should have, she made plans as they didn't tell her they changed me from Fri to Sat. UGH!!! Anyway, I did get her and we had a fantastic time as always.

Work last week wasn't too bad, just busy. The new guy started, he is really nice and very good at explaining things to me as I never can just accept an answer, I always have to know why. (It used to drive the prior guy nuts as I wouldn't just take his word for everything... in looking back, I think the reason it bothered him was that he didn't always know the answer, but didn't want to admit it) Anyway, I really like the new guy, however, BPT is really being fake around him. It makes me want to gag! I know the act won't last long and pretty soon BPT's true self will show. She is going to eat him alive... I feel sorry for him as I know it is going to happen sooner or later and he is not going to have a clue.

I do have one part of my job that I really don't like. I was called about someone's performance and asked if I could work with them and see if they are having issues due to lack of system knowledge or just inability to do the work. I spent 1 1/2 hours with the person reviewing everything. I reported back their boss and even had to meet with human resources. I hate knowing that someone is probably going to be let go.

My father used to tell me that if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. I tend to agree with him on this. Taken the recent events with my veh and other dramatic things in my life... or do I really have good luck as none of the things were catastrophic and could have been worse and so I was spared some? It has always made me wonder. Now, I think it is truly bad luck as I even have issues with fortune cookies. DH and I ordered in Chinese the other night and my fortune cookie actually had a typo. "A liar is not believed even if hells the truth." My thought on this fortune is that it is regarding my current work situation with BPT. Could I really never get the chance to advance and nothing is going to change... due to a space and the letter T. I will be happy to buy the letter T. No wait a minute, you can only buy vowels. Can I have a spin... where's the wheel when you need it?

Marebear, thanks for the phone call last week and for your help with my posting. I hope your DH was able to reach you. Also, if you get bored, I still have Lucy's computer... I need to find a download to create a boot disk that will scan for virus. Katydid, I haven't heard from you... trying to reach you re lessons for your daughter.

Good Night all and have a great holiday.

0 comments(s):

post a comment

<< Home