My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Monday, May 30, 2005

And the final score is...

Last night I was rambling on in my tired state about if I have good or bad luck. Well, I have taken a look back over the past 10 days and here is what I have determined...

Fri - Tough Day at work (-)/Doodlebug was mine for the night (+) = 0
Sat - Visited Marebear and went to fav restaurant (+)/Had flying wood coming at me (-) = 0
Sun - Dinner took forever and was cold (-)/mgmt replaced dinner and was free (+) = 0
Mon - Had to take car back to shop on lunch (they made me come in, to tell me they had subletted that part of the work out and that I would need to take it elsewhere... apparently, this type of discussion couldn't be handled when I was on the phone with them (-)/BPT told me that someone had been hired for job and no advancement for me (-) = Negative Day
Tue - Talking on phone and almost stepped on a dead baby bird that was on my back deck. (My heart started pounding and I couldn't breathe for several minutes) UGH! (-) = Negative Day
Wed - Pedicure & Manicure (+)/Dinner out, Margarita was so strong, that I got a buzz from 1 drink (+) = Major Positive Day
Thur - Wents to Girls Night Out with all my great friends and Doodlebug (+) = Another Great Positive Day. (Hey watch out, I'm on a roll now.)
Fri - Shopping at lunch, found 2 outfits and they were on sale (+), Had to report the coworkers problem was ineffiency, not training (-)/Ran into same coworker while talking to her mgr about her and again after leaving human resources about her (-) = Negative Wins
Sat - Shopping all day with Mom & Sis (+)/Couldn't find any clothes or shoes for me (-)/Found shoes for Doodlebug (+)/Thought I was home alone and walked downstairs not knowing DH had come home early (My heart had just stopped pounding from the bird thing and is now in my throat again) (-)/Spat with Doodlebug's Mom (-)/Got my way (for the most part) (+) = 0
Sun - Shopping all day with Sis (+)/Found Shoes (+)/Couldn't get pictures of Doodlebug to download onto blog (-)/Shopped on EBay and was able to win 2 items (+) = Positive Wins
Mon - Had to exchange items at the mall (-)/DH went with me (+)/Dinner out with DH, server was rude, the sizzling Fajitas were not sizzling and I requested no sour cream, but was served sour cream (anyone who knows me knows that I do not do sour cream, nor will I eat anything that has touched the sour cream) (-) = Negative Wins

and the final score is:
4 Days that were a combination of good and bad
4 Days that were bad
3 Days that were good.

Apparently, I really just don't have any luck. What I need to do is quit work, have no expectations about eating out, spend more time with my family, friends and Doodlebug, drink more, pamper myself more and and buy more shoes. Hmmm see a pattern here... if only it were all about me, then the days would all be positive. Well now that you have had the condensed version of my entire last 10 days, you know what to expect next week, more of the same. (except the shopping as I am now broke... maybe I'll just replace the shopping with more drinking. HA HA HA)

Hope everyone had a good holiday and welcome back to the daily grind tomorrow.

0 comments(s):

post a comment

<< Home