My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Am I really that old???

I was reading a blog tonight and the blogger stated they were looking for clothes that did not make them look like they were dressing like a teeny bopper or a grandma. I totally agree with them, it is so hard to find clothes for those of us between the late 20's and early 40's. This thought led to another... when did I grow old?

One realization was when I was talking to my little sis about going to a concert. I was checking out the prices and totally skipped the "lawn seats" as I can't image spending several hours on the ground. When I gave my sister the prices, I mentioned that there were some that were less expensive, her comment was... not lawn seats, forget it. Looks like she's getting old too. Except, what was that she purchased at the grocery store today??? Was it a can of Deviled Ham? At least she doesn't still eat Vienna Sausages. : ) (Sorry, but I had to post this!)

To add to this, I was searching for music to listen to while blogging and when I clicked into the media library, I started reading some of the things the teenager has loaded. What exactly is a Chingy? I'm also guessing that his title of Powerballin' isn't that he is playing the lottery. Then I see he has 50 Cent and there is a song called Disco Inferno. I think to myself wow, I remember this song so I click on it. Definitely not the song I remember!!!

To top it off, Spaz found my blog tonight and in reading my post the other night on addictions, she decided to comment. Her comment was... what about Sex!!! This is when I realized I truly am old, as I didn't even think about it.

I know, I know, I'm a grandma, but nobody would ever guess it. When even we are out, people always think that I am Doodlebug's mommy and that the teenager is my brother.

I like to think that I am not getting older but that I am getting better. I should go now as I am yawning and need to get to bed... I seem to go to bed earlier now that I am getting better.

3 comments(s):

Don't say that you are "old" because you don't want to sit in the lawn seat area, just smart. Look at it in a more practical way, tell people that you don't want grass stains on your pants, or that your heels will sink into the dirt. But never, ever admit that your old. And as for the deviled ham, well, I just havata say that some habits are hard to break. LOL. Little Sis.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/13/2005 9:54 AM  

Hi there! Thanks for visiting me! I had to laugh about your comment about music. I like that song...no idea what the title is, but they sing about "ain't no holler back girl." I totally sing along and have NO CLUE what a holler back girl...is that like a "bootie call"? What if I'm singing in front of my kids about drug dealers or worse, some perverse sexual action?

((sigh))...getting old kinda sneaks up on all of us. ;)

By Blogger Mama Duck, at 6/13/2005 10:07 AM  

Hi Kgrams!

I love the pictures of Doodlebug and the shoes. Oh my word, the shoes, and pedicures, and the shoes!

I'm not normally into rap, but I do like 50 cent. It's good to dance with around the house. So, it's either him or Merle Haggard or Don Williams. Good combo, eh?

I think if you're mistaken for the son's sis or the gbaby's mom, you're doing okay. As they say, you're only as old as your walker lets you feel. I'm so kidding. You are not old!

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 6/13/2005 8:23 PM  

post a comment

<< Home