My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Saturday, June 04, 2005

I traded one Zoo for another Zoo

I haven't been blogging much lately as I have been extremely busy and tired each night. So tonight's will be a little long so that we can catch up...

Thursday - I had my mid-year review, all was good and I am right on target with my goals for the year. (Lets see, great work, no complaints and on target... makes total sense why I didn't get a promotion - NOT!!!) I attended my nephew's 8th Grade Graduation and took the Princess with me. It was very nice and I am very proud of him. It looks like he and the teenager will be attending the same school next year.

Friday - I had back to back meetings in the AM. First one, the person had already decided they didn't like what I was presenting to them and they didn't want to accept it. They started out rude and even cussed at me, by the end of the meeting, she was actually in tears. I felt very sorry for her as I felt the same way about my previous position for about 2 years before I decided to change. The second meeting was a CYA as their boss is not happy with their work. I was hoping the PM would be better, as BPT went home with a "stress" headache and my meeting were all done for the day. But come on, what was I thinking? I know better. I had an employee call me as they were on vacation and needed several items sent out and the temp they hired needed help with it. Basically the employee and the temp wanted me to do the work for them and send it out with my name & # if the person had questions! I am all for going above and beyond, but not this far beyond. While helping this person, I got 2 more calls, the first one was that they couldn't get rid of the lines on a page, I ended up cleaning up 2/3 of the document for them. The second was that they needed to have the color printer added to their computer as they needed to print out 300 copies of a personal invitation... oh, and could I load the paper for them that they wanted it printed on. But wait, it gets better... they stated that they were busy and wanted me to wait 5 or 10 minutes before I went down to their floor to add the printer and get the paper that I would need to take back up and put in the printer for them. I waited and went down there and they said... Oh, I forgot to call you, never mind I am having the mailroom take care of it for me. DH and I went to dinner and the grocery store, we were going to go to the movies, but I was way too tired.

Oh, and I can't check any blogs at work as the new guy was telling me that BPT wants him to get familiar with our Web tracking software and make sure that it is working. I am sure she has reasons for this, but I don't want me to be one of them.

Today was great!!! DH actually had the day off. (I think this is the first Saturday he has had off since Christmas.) It was a beautiful sunny day and we took Doodlebug for her first trip to the Zoo. (The real one, not the one I work at.) We spent 3 hours looking at the animals and walking around. We even took her on her first carousel ride. She really seemed to enjoy herself. I think we exhausted her as she was asleep by 8:00 tonight instead of her normal 9:30.

OK, as you know nothing in my life is ever 100% great so I did have one mishap today. I decided that I needed a little color to my legs, so I bought a bronzing foam. You are supposed to be able to see where it is going on so that you don't miss any areas. The directions say to dispense in palm of hands, rub together and then rub onto body. Do not dress for 5 minutes and do not bathe or swim for 1 hour. Now I ask you, how hard can this be to follow. I did as directed, I dispensed into the palm of my hand, I rubbed my palms together and then applied to my legs. I waited over 5 minutes to put my shorts on. I then finished up and went to the Zoo. While sitting watching the Sea Lion Show, I noticed these orange/bronze spots on all of the pores of my legs and streaking lines on my legs and the tops of my feet. It was so warm out, that my legs were slightly sweaty, which apparently was just enough to cause the bronzer to start running. I was sitting in the show, wiping my legs and feet with baby wipes. (Thanks Doodlebug for sharing them with me) Marebear, you would have died laughing watching me do this, as it was too funny.

Marebear, sorry we kept missing each other. Call or email me, I need more drama or at least some that isn't mine. Also, I hope everything went ok with your nephew yesterday. I have your family in my thoughts and prayers for all that you are going through. Katydid, I haven't been able to catch up with you either. Are you OK? Call me as I am worried about you, hopefully you are just busy. Lady E... thanks for the laughs this week, I needed them.

Sorry for the long blog, but I wanted to catch everyone up and I will try to be better about blogging. Apparently the real Zoo tires me out as much as the one I work at, so I am going to be early myself. Good Night!

0 comments(s):

post a comment

<< Home