My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

It's a Tuesday, that's a Monday

Let me start by saying Today Really Sucked.
BPT mentioned on Friday that we needed to come in early today for an update. I asked how early she wanted me in and she said by 7. Then in the same sentence, she said never mind we wouldn't need to update each station. Well, I knew better than to not be there by 7, so I was. She really didn't need me, but that was ok as I was able to get some paperwork done.
Since we weren't going to have to run around doing the update to each station, I wore a pair of the new shoes I bought this weekend... Heels. Can you guess what happened? Yup, I got a call from BPT while I am in a session and she wants to know how long I am going to be as we need to run the update on each station. I spent most of the AM and part of the PM hopping from cube to cube as the process requires 2 reboots, so to save time, I tried to have at least 3 to 4 stations going at all times.
As if it wasn't enough that my feet were killing me and I may never be able to wear my beautiful new shoes again without remembering the pain... the new guy mentions that tomorrow must be month end and when I replied no, that it was today, however, the IT side of it is done tomorrow he says ok that makes sense as BPT sent him an email with directions on how to do month end and wants to show him tomorrow. She has NEVER shown me or given me the directions and I have worked on the system for 15+ years, he had never even heard of the system before last week and doesn't even know how to log into it. I think she is still pissed about everyone pushing her to give me a promotion. Not to mention that Marebear sent an email to a co-worker, MOB, BPT and myself and in it mentioned that she was only able to get the job needed done, as I went in over the weekend and rebooted her machine. BPT does not like anyone to get praise so and she told Marebear that she wouldn't be near the office and it would have to wait till Tues. Score one for Marebear!!!
Good news though... in my quest to update stations, I found two that were not running properly and was able to play Spy Queen this afternoon. YEAH, something fun to do!!! Also, the new guy says he thinks he can get me a McAfee AntiVirus boot disk this week so that I can get Lucy's computer fixed. More fun and excitement to come if he is able to do this for me.
Sorry for the ramblings, but the only person who understands what it is like, wasn't available when I called her tonight. Marebear, I hope all is going well with your move and that your baby is doing better.

Tell I blog again... Good Reading and Good Night!

1 comments(s):

Marebear,
I admit it... I screwed up. What can I say, I was tired as it had been a really long day. Luckily, I'm one that can admit when I'm wrong... I could have just fixed the typo, reposted and asked you what you were talking about. I know some people who would have done that.

By Blogger KGrams, at 6/01/2005 10:18 PM  

post a comment

<< Home