My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Monday, June 06, 2005

How Many Mondays Can We Endure?

Is it me, or does everyone think that Mondays should be banned? Please comment and let me know your thoughts. Besides having to get up early and go back to work, my Mondays always seem to have some extra drama added to them. Take today for instance... I stayed in bed 15 minutes more than I should have, (my fault I know, but I had planned out what I was going to wear and felt I deserved the extra time in bed.) then when I was in the shower, I remembered that I had a client appointment and therefore, I needed a different outfit than I had planned. (Oops, shouldn't have slept in) Due to the humidity, my hair decided to flip in different directions, so I had to straighten it with the curling iron... yes, I burned myself once again. You're going to love this one... it was on the counter and in my state of hurry, I bumped it, it hit my stomach and left a big red mark. OUCH!!! (I now look like I have a red hickey on my stomach. Wait till DH sees it, I didn't tell him about it this AM and I think I am still going to wait. hehehe) I actually made it out the door on time and was quite proud of myself for it when I noticed that someone had decided to egg the vehicles up and down my street last night. Did they hit DH's or the teenager's vehicles? Noooo, they got mine. So, now I am off to the car wash to get the egg goo off my car. $6 later and a clean car, I am now ready to go to work. But what's this, one more obstacle in my way to get to work, I can't make a left out of the car wash. I end up making a right and taking a small detour to another street that will also take me to work. I come up to the last stop light that I have to encounter before I get to work, from this point, it is 4 blocks with 4 stop signs and I am there. Of course, the stop light is red, but that's ok, I know it will be green soon as it is not a long light and I will be at work. Just when I think I am going to make it as the light should be turning green, I hear bells start ringing and the gates go down as now, a train is going by blocking the intersection. The train also happens to be full of coal and is over 100 cars long. UGH!!! In case you are wondering, yes I did get to work on time... 2 minutes to spare. But really, all of this before 8:00. Is it because it's a Monday or because it's me? Also, I must REALLY love my job to go through all of this.

I did speak with both Katydid and Marebear tonight. I was starting to worry about the two of you. Sorry your lives are so hectic right now, just know that it will get better as soon everything will be done and you will be back to normal. (Note: Not sure what the definition of "normal" is, you may want to ask someone who actually has a life unlike me.)

I went to my Nephew's Graduation Party yesterday, it was very nice. My little sis cooked a ton of food and it was all yummy. I debated what to get him, a gift or $... I finally decided on a new MP3 Player as his quit working. It looks like I chose right as he was very excited. Thanks sis and teenager for helping me with this.

Marebear, I forgot to tell you what I heard today... the evil stepsisters (all 3 of them) were their normal wretched selves and actually made a company person cry last week. Mortie was telling us about it today on the way to our appointment. Best of all, after this happened, they actually asked Mortie if they had been that bad and Mortie told them Yes and went into detail about how they act and make people feel. SCORE a big 1 for Mortie for not holding back!

This is all for tonight, as I have a headache and want to relax before everyone gets home from work and I lose all of my quite time.

1 comments(s):

Sorry, I don't remember the name, only that she was the rep for the company we have our health ins with. I believe they were grilling (and with their attitudes even filleting) her about some of the medical facilities possibly pulling out of the companies program. Sorry I don't have more details, but Mortie should be able to fill you in. I heard that Mortie report it to MOB. Not sure if anything was done, however, the most evil of the 3 is out this week.

By Blogger KGrams, at 6/09/2005 10:33 PM  

post a comment

<< Home