My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Friday, June 10, 2005

C A U T I O N - High Voltage Whining

Ok, you read the title so therefore, you have been duly warned. When commenting, you are not allowed to call me a whiner or tell me to get over it... today I will whine, bitch, moan, groan, rant and rave all that I want. I am sitting here with my friend Jose (as in Cuervo), blogging and listing to Fisher Price Tender Lullabies. What a combination, huh!

I will start at the end and work my way back...

Doodlebug was over tired tonight and did not want to go to sleep. She was cranky at dinner due to her tired state and so I left the guys at the restaurant (we met and had 2 vehicles) and brought her home. She fell asleep in the car and woke up the minute we walked in the door. When I was changing her, she rolled over on her tummy like she always does and proceeded to wet her bed. Blgh She finally went to sleep after 2 hours of holding and rocking her. This is why the music is playing as I am scared to turn it off as she could wake up. Let me remind you, she is the greatest joy in my life, I love her so much and I wouldn't trade her for anything. But she sure wore me out tonight.

Got home from work tonight and had a letter in the mail. It is a ticket for failure to move vehicle during street cleaning. I was puzzled at first until I noticed the address this happened at was the teenager's g/f house and the license plate # was the teenager's veh. I guess we'll be having a conversation tonight. This happened 10 days ago and he has yet to mention it!

When I got to work this morning, BPT was showing the new guy how to run download. Why??? The last person in his position didn't know how and I can always do it if BPT is out. I am the one who has to work with it after it is run. But ok, never hurts to have a backup. Then I received an email from the new guy, BPT also had him do the sprdsht that I get everyday. Why can't I be given access and be shown how to do this? Why would you give it to someone who doesn't know what the sprdsht is, but not to the person that uses it. I ask you, does this make any sense???

Even better, we are putting together a newsletter to send out to all of the employees. BPT sent us a draft of it today. There is a "who to call" area on it. It states... if you know you can do something but don't know how to do it, call KGrams. If you receive an error while in a program, call the new employee starting on Monday. The new girl like the new guy has never even heard of the main program we work with, much less worked with it. Neither one understands the business either. Again, I ask you, does this make any sense??? Why would we do this to ourselves? In a department of 4, we have hired 2 people that know nothing about our business or program and given them the most responsibility and the person who does know both the business and program with over 15 years experience is given the least amount of responsibility and access to do things.

I had a meeting yesterday with... Mr. "Will the new person know I'm a broker" as it is a requirement of my job that I meet with all employees 60 days after they start a position. I waited for 10 minutes, then I left him a v/m and waited another 5 minutes. When I left the room, he was in the hallway talking (not business) and I mentioned that we were supposed to be meeting. He looks at his watch and says "Oh, were we". I replied yes, and could he please meet with me now, he stated ok, but he really didn't think there was any reason to, as he knew everything he needed to. I made sure to touch on areas that I knew he would be lacking in knowledge. HA! About 45 minutes into our meeting, he actually had the nerve to look at his watch and ask me how much longer this was going to take, as he had things to do. When we did finish, he walked right out of the room into the Slug's cube. Hello... at least act like you have something important to do when you are trying to blow me off. So, why do people think their time is more important than mine. Am I really that insignificant??? Between people like him and BPT I am starting to feel that way. Ok, Jose must be kicking in as this has now turned into a pity party.

I must stop this, as I am a much better writer when I angry than sad. Therefore, I will now move on to a couple of happy thoughts...

1) Marebear blogged about me last night... isn't she sweet! She had me laughing so hard that I was in tears. When I get done here tonight, maybe I will go back and read hers again.

2) I went shopping at lunch today and found a really cute pair of strappy black shoes. They were originally $68, however, they were on major clearance and I had a 20% off coupon. They cost me $11.70. WOO HOO and to think I almost didn't buy them and I though DH would kill me if I came in with another pair of shoes this month. He actually high-fived me for my great bargain.

3) While returning 2 outfits for Doodlebug tonight (actually had to exchange them for bigger sizes as she is growing so much) I found the Margarita Set that I had wanted a few weeks ago. It has 4 glasses, 4 shots and a huge margarita glass that is actually a bowl. (Note to self... after really bad day at work, may want to accidentally grab the bowl to make your drink in.) The set was actually on sale for even less tonight than it was a few weeks ago. Jose and I are enjoying one of the glasses right now.

4) While picking up the Margarita Set, I found a new mug for me to drink out of at work. (I will try to put a picture of it on my blog tomorrow, but no promises as I have been having problems with this) Anyway, the mug has shoes on it and says... Shoe Goddess. I thought about changing my blogging name to Shoe Goddess, but I love Doodlebug more than shoes.

So again, I am thinking what I need is ... more shopping and less working. Uhhh, if only I could!

Birdie, if you reading this, I hope you will also go back and read some of my past posts as not all of them are me complaining and whining.

Good night all... I am going to see Jose again and then call it a night.

1 comments(s):

If doodlebug was sleeping, and you knew that the "boys" were due home,you should have used the bowl instead of the glass. What the hell, you deserve it! Oh, and while you and Jose were convorting, you should have worn your "great bargen" shoes. Life couldn't be better. From Little sis

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6/13/2005 9:44 AM  

post a comment

<< Home