My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

So this is what happens in the night

OK, it's Tuesday and Tuesdays are always better than Mondays. Right???

Here is how my Monday ended after I left you in blog world. The teenager came home and decided we should talk. Ok, not a problem for me, except the conversation went like this:

TNGR - Mom, my new stereo in my car isn't working right.
Me - Call the store tomorrow and let them know and see if you can bring the car in. I'm, going to bed.
TNGR - But look, it is supposed to be one of their best models. (He shows me the box)
Me - I know, but call the store tomorrow and let them know and see what time you can bring the car in.
TNGR - The radio part works, but CD's don't. When I put a CD in, it just makes a static sound.
Me - Yes, call the store tomorrow and let them know and see what time you can bring the car in. I am really going to bed now.
TNGR - I tried a burnt CD and a regular CD and neither work.
Me - Yes, I hear you, Call the store tomorrow and let them know and see what time you can bring the car in. Good Night! (each word here is stated slowly and exact)

So what do you think he does? 10 minutes later, I am in bed trying to go to sleep when he comes in to talk again.
TNGR - I called my friend so and so who works at another store. He says there is something wrong with the CD player and that I need to take it back in.
Me - Once again, I will tell you... Call the store tomorrow and let them know and see what time you can bring the car in.

I am then left to sleep... YEAH!!! Except what is this, I am woken in the middle of the night by stirring. Oh, it's DH deciding to come to bed at 2:30 in the morning. He finally gets in bed and all is quiet at 3:00am. I am back to dreamworld... but not for long, I wake up several times cold, as DH has decided to steal all the sheet.

I ask you, why is it so hard to get a full nights uninterrupted sleep? Does this happen to anyone else?

So this is how Tuesday starts.... Apparently the teenager thinks that I say things just to hear myself talk. Hence (yes, lil sis I am hencing) the conversation of last night. I told him yesterday that since he was home all day, he needed to do the towels (trying to give DH a break on the laundry as he has been working so hard). Guess what, he never did them. I actually had to use a handtowel to dry my hair.

My and DH's schedules work out for the most part, but in the summer, DH's work schedule changes and he works a lot more hours and has to go in earlier. The problem with this is that we have 1 very small bathroom. His summer getting up and getting ready earlier time happens to be the same time that I am normally getting up and getting ready. As I switch to the early shift next month, there is really only 1 month that we have to deal with this. Depending on how much sleep I got the night before, is how early I can get up and get out. Now knowing this, wouldn't you think people would let me sleep?

I have found the bright side of getting up earlier, is that today I have gotten completely ready, put away Doodlebug's laundry, straightened up the 2nd floor, straightened up the kitchen and was able to blog all by 7:00 AM. I am just soooo tired.

I must go now, work is waiting and I need my caffeine fix. Have a Happy Tuesday!

3 comments(s):

I'd just like to pipe in that I too haven't had uninterrupted sleep in a very long time. Either Peanut needs to be fed, or she's "chuffing" or she needs to be reswaddled or The Duckling has lost her Pootie (pacifier)...it's like a form or Chinese torture...

By Blogger Mama Duck, at 6/14/2005 3:18 PM  

So, it sounds like the problem is your mouth is moving but no words come out? Amazing what selective hearing teenagers have, either that or you were a stereo repair technician in a former life and he really needed your help. Doubtful, I know.

Hope you get that needed sleep. I think I'll go catch some shut-eye as well. G'night!

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 6/14/2005 10:48 PM  

Mama Duck,
Thank you for letting me know that I am not alone in my sleepless state. I agree, it is a form a Chinese torture.

Ieatcrayonz,
Definitely not a stereo repair technichian in former life, but I wish I was, I would have been able to get to sleep sooner. I am wondering, men seem to have selective hearing as well as teenagers... is it worse if it is a male teenager?



Marebear,
So good to hear from you, have been missing the drama.

With regard to the teenager, I confronted and the look of fear crossed his face. Apparently, they had already sent in a money order for it. This was confirmed by g/f's sister.

No, I would never have the guts to lock the door and even if I did, there isn't one. (Another reason to move... can add bedroom door lock on the list for me?)

By Blogger KGrams, at 6/15/2005 9:52 PM  

post a comment

<< Home