My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Things that just aren't right

Tonight, I have decided to give you a list. Why??? you might ask. Because 1) I am a huge fan of lists. A good list is a great thing and even a bad list can be a good thing. 2) I have seen many things lately that just require a list.

My Top 7 Things That Just Aren't Right... (NOTE - this list will probably make you say uhh, ugh and eeewww)

#7
I was driving to work the other day when I saw a guy in blue jean shorts and knee high tube socks. I didn't know they still made them, but "Easily Amused" told me that yes, they do.

#6
I was in line at the grocery store the other night (yes, the night I had bad service) when I glanced back at the lady in line behind me. She was at least 275 to 300 lbs and was wearing a white tshirt with the words Drama Queen done in rhinestones. This is fine, except the shirt was very thin and her bra was apparently not doing its job, as she was sagging to the point that her boobs were laying on her stomach. First I was grossed out and then I wanted to laugh, it was like a bad accident that you can't look away from. (Marebear, had you been there, we would have lost it, no doubt about it)

#5
Dogs sniffing you in that certain area? In my prior dating life, I wouldn't let my husband or any other man near that area for quite some time, so why would I let a dog I just met come up and sniff it?

#4
While on the subject of dogs, they eat their own or other animals poop. No explanation needed on this one. (I was so tired, I forgot to add that they also lick themselves)

#3
Walking down the hall at work the other day, I saw a male co-worker going into the men's room with a newspaper. Later I had to help him and had to actually type on his keyboard. I immediately ran and cleaned my hands with anti-bacterial soap when I had finished. (Marebear, stop laughing, you know this is NOT funny.)

#2
As you all know, I love Doodlebug more than anything in the world. Also, I keep telling DH that in the world of babies, baby boogies, urps and poos are not a big deal and are not the same as bigger kids and adults. This one, I just can't do... when feeding Doodlebug, she has a habit of while drinking her bottle, making room for more. I am sorry, but when her little face turns red, she scrunches it up and starts grunting, I have to take the bottle from her.

and the #1 thing that just isn't right...

Click Here
http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/lf/061205nudebikes I found this link on another blog and borrowed it. (Ieatcrayonz, I hope you don't mind) Make sure to check out pictures #3 and #4.

Also, a follow up to my sleep deprivation... Didn't get to bed until after 11:30 as I had many things to do (like talk to the teenager as the towels still weren't done). I didn't even get to post on my blog. Woke up at 2:30 with a cramp in my leg. Checked on Doodlebug, flipped her onto her back and went back to bed. Woke up at 4:00 as DH had finally come to bed (he actually didn't wake me this time) and his elbow was in my face and he was half on my pillow. Again, got up to check on Doodlebug, flipped her onto her back and went to bed. I am starting to wonder if I will ever get to sleep for more than 3 hours at a time. So with this, I am off to bed as I just might make it 4 hours tonight without being woken up... oh wait scratch that, the teenager isn't home from work yet.

3 comments(s):

You poor thing. I do feel for you about the sleep issue. When you don't have Doodlebug, you can borrow my friends, Bartles & James. They rocked me to sleep and I slept like a baby until 6:30 this morn. The list was cute. However, the pics. could give me nightmares. You might want to think about putting a warning on that one. LOL. My teenager told me about the burp that was "heard around the world". Too funny. LOL LOL. He said it was gross.

By Blogger Tina M, at 6/16/2005 8:44 AM  

No problem. I'm honored!

As an addendum to #7, please check out this site. No butts in this one!

Now, in all fairness, babies also do #4 as recently chronicled by Dooce and the Sarcastic Journalist. The Dooce link goes to that post, in case you haven't read it. It's a must read, for sure.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 6/16/2005 1:04 PM  

Easily Amused,

I thought about putting a warning on them, but then thought, what they hey, everyone's grossing out would definitely amuse me. Yes, for such a small person, Doodlebug can definitely hold her on in a burping contest... what a lady she is going to be.

On the Go,

I can guarantee you this is not an addiction or obsession of mine. I don't want to see myself naked, much less inflict the pain to other poor innocent people. Plus, I don't own a bike.

Ieatcrayonz,

Love the sight, I think I know the problem with these people.... they need good pedicures! With regard to Dooce, I am going to have add her blog to my regular visits. That was too funny. However, I will say that her little one did cry and wimper due to the poo poo incident whereas, dogs do not, they keep going back for more.

By Blogger KGrams, at 6/16/2005 3:07 PM  

post a comment

<< Home