My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Another installment of WBW

Yes, once again it's the middle of the week. You know what that means... Mama Duck is blessing us with another installment of Way Back Wednesday. This week's theme - Best Friends Forever.

Here I give you pictures of me and my best friend Lumpy.


(notice the horrible poodle perm I was sportin in the pic on the right. )

Lumpy and I have been friends since grade school when we met in Girl Scouts. We have been through a lot together over the years and still try to see each other on a regular basis.

There is soooo much I could say about her and why we are friends, but you would get bored and click to a new blog, so I'll try to come up with the top couple of things.

1) She is always there for me through thick and thin.

2) No matter what I do or tell her, she never judges me.

3) She always listens and only gives me advice when she knows I am asking for it.

4) She can always make me laugh when I am feeling down and need a pick me up.

Yes, my friend Lumpy is the best pal a girl could ever have. The pictures I have posted are actually from a collage she gave me a few years ago. The poem on it reads:


Special Friends


It has been said that real friends
Are very hard to find
The ones that stay when times are tough
Real Friends ~ the lasting kind

As I travel through this life
I know one thing is true
I will never find a better friend
Than I have found in you

by: J Morse

Right back at ya Lumpy... I love you and you are the best!!!

4 comments(s):

What a beautiful tribute to your friend!

And my, what big hair you had! :)

By Blogger Tammy, at 9/01/2005 8:32 AM  

Ya know, I don't remember the poodle look. I must have blocked that out of my memory, it's in that dark place! hehehe
Yes, you and Lumpy have been through it all together. She's one cool chick!

By Blogger Tina M, at 9/01/2005 12:06 PM  

I think it's great that you've had a friend through all the ages...that's a rare and special thing!

By Blogger Mama Duck, at 9/01/2005 4:07 PM  

We had a couple of the same hairstyles! :) I can tell we must be close in age.

By Blogger Me, at 9/01/2005 4:11 PM  

post a comment

<< Home