My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

What I did on my summer vacation

Yesterday was once again a rainy day so we headed for the indoors, well the underground indoors anyway… Bridal Cave.



This is a beautiful cave that was actually used by the Osage Indians.















There is a local folklore that tells of the legendary Indian Wedding ceremony held in the cave in the early 1800’s and now, more than 2000 couples have been married in the Bridal Chapel room of the cave. It was awesome to walk around and see all the beautiful stalactites and stalagmites that Mother Nature has created.


















Today is sunny and beautiful… DH is off golfing and I have found a Panera Bread Café that has wireless access! WOO HOO After this, I am off to the outlet mall to see if I can find a pair of shoes that Easily Amused wants and purchase a Coach purse that I have been drooling over for 2 days now.

Hope all is well out there in blog land.

3 comments(s):

OMG, On The Go actually speaks!!!! It's about time woman!!!

Our little Niece does bring up a good point. It would be something memerable. Especially after all the F'd up issues surrounding your wedding. Nice, easy & romantic!

By Blogger Tina M, at 8/25/2005 9:03 AM  

I love exploring those kind of caves. I've been to a couple in Texas.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 8/25/2005 2:28 PM  

on the go - great idea and we may at some point, (like our 10 yr anniversary) but that is definitely a plan ahead thing and this was a total relaxed fly the seat of our pants vacation.

ea - yes, it is about time she quit lurking out there. LOL

See my reply to her regarding the renewal of vows.

crayonz - I love splunking (for those of you who have a dirty thought, it is exploring caves). We already explored an old mine about 1 1/2 from our home, Marvel Cave in Branson and now Bridal Cave in the Ozarks. I would love to see some of the ones in TX. If we ever make it down there, we will call you to see which ones are the best.

By Blogger KGrams, at 8/29/2005 10:17 PM  

post a comment

<< Home