My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Monday, August 15, 2005

His other love is back

and I am once again a single woman.

Yes, my DH has a second love. This is something that I knew when I married him. It was openly discussed and I accepted it and agreed for approximately 25 weeks of the year, I would be a single woman on Sundays and Mondays. So, it is once again that time of the year ~ Are you ready for some Football?!?!

My DH eats, sleeps and breathes sports... sports are his life. I know it and I accept that sports are a part of him and they even put food on the table and pay for many of the things that I have and enjoy. However, my DH is even more into football than any other sport. He watches the pre-game show, the game, then the post-game show. After all of that, he must watch several channels of ESPN for any and all highlights, not to mention the sports segment of the local news. Now as if this isn't bad enough, if his beloved team The Steelers are playing he is even more into it. (No, he is not from PA nor has he ever lived there, he just loves the team back from the days of Terry Bradshaw.) I have learned not to even attempt to walk, talk or breathe in his vicinity which may possibly result in him to lose a moment of the game. As we have TIVO he even rewinds and replays parts over in slow motion.

Yes, my husband has another love. What I can't understand, is that most men cheat on their wives with cute young blonde chicks. Not mine, he chooses big sweaty rough tough men in tight pants. Should I be grateful or offended???

3 comments(s):

Ha ha! Grateful for sure. At least there is always the option of a threesome if you choose to do so.

Living in a state with 0 pro teams of any sort, I lucked out with Rancito. We do enjoy watching our college alma mater play football and basketball, though. That's it for me, though. I can't handle any more sports than that.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 8/15/2005 10:31 PM  

I loves me some football, too! In fact, my hubby tells people he knew I was the one when he found out that I knew who Ernie Zampizi was (offensive coordinator of our beloved Dallas Cowboys!).

I am so psyched it's football season!

By Blogger Tammy, at 8/16/2005 8:49 AM  

FOOTBALL????? YUCK!!!!!
But that's okay, it just clears up more time for the mall and shoe shopping! You could even walk past him with 2 new pairs and he'd never know! hehehe

By Blogger Tina M, at 8/16/2005 9:27 AM  

post a comment

<< Home