My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Monday, August 08, 2005

Is the weekend over?

Wow, this weekend flew by and so is tonight... ok, quick post as it's already 9:30 and I haven't even eaten yet.

I think I have caught up on all my responses to comments received. I have now caught up on reading all blogs, but I was (shoot, bloglines just bleeped at me, so scratch that last thought) not able to comment on all of them. I will try to be better in the future. : )

I am so giddy with excitement tonight... I had a frustrating but great time this evening. No, I didn't go out anywhere and no one came over. I just finished setting up a wireless router and laptop that my DH agreed to let me buy this past weekend. (The frustrating part was getting the IP info from my provider as mine isn't static.) We actually bought this due to my job, but the best part is that now, I can blog from anywhere in the house! YEAHHHHHHHHH

8 comments(s):

Oh the guilt you leave me with.
Ya see, I have a laptop.
It's internet ready...
but won't hook up at home!

My husbands does.
My daughters does.
Mine won't.

And I can't figure out why!!!!!!!!

I give it to dh and say; take this to work and ask someone WHY it won't connect to our wireless internet.

He takes it.
He calls me to say it hooked up FINE for him and 'them' at work.

Back home.
No connection.

If it would connect I'd probably blog even more... and that might be a bad thing so maybe it's good that it can't! BAH HA HA.

By Blogger Me, at 8/09/2005 8:13 AM  

Awww, the freedom to blog from the bathroom.

Well worth the money spent!! :)

By Blogger Tammy, at 8/09/2005 8:34 AM  

ALRIGHT! That is awesome. My brother has that set-up in his house. I get so jealous when I see him using his laptop out on the deck.

TEH - That is hilarious!

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 8/09/2005 9:21 AM  

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! We just set up our wireless a few weeks ago (after it sat dormant in the box it came in for two years).

Free at last, free at last!

By Blogger Mama Duck, at 8/09/2005 10:15 AM  

wait, bloglines beeped at you? Does it tell you when someone posts? waht is this you speak of? Tell me tell me!!!

By Blogger Katy, at 8/09/2005 3:59 PM  

meritt - I am so sorry that you laptop is not playing nicely with your wireless internet. Did you try putting it in timeout. LOL

Another note: You have 3 laptops and a desktop in your home??? My or my you are a coffe/computer family.


teh - you are just too funny.

not to worry, not bathroom blogging from me. Yuck Plus if DH ever catches me in there with the laptop, I know he would take it away and then take me away and have me committed.

crayonz - I can't wait to use it outside or at a cafe/bookstore with wireless internet.

tkw (aka mama duck) How could you actually have it for 2 years and not set it up? The 24 hours I had to wait due to other obligations was killing me.

katy - you don't have bloglines? You must go and sign up immediately.

It keeps track of all my favorite blogs for me and puts a little red mark on the icon on my taskbar as well as bleeps (if I have the speakers turned on) when a new post is registered. I just love gearing that little sound! Now, it can be a little slow at times and take an hour or two to let me know about a post, but I still love it.

By Blogger KGrams, at 8/09/2005 10:26 PM  

Glad you had a good night. That must mean our teenagers behaves them selves. Did ya drug them?????

By Blogger Tina M, at 8/10/2005 10:06 AM  

wireless broadband is TOO exciting

now you can:
blog while you pee (etc.!!??)
blog in bed wearing nothing but your pink fluffy slippers
blog whilst doing a headstand

gosh, life is good

By Blogger Urban Chick, at 8/12/2005 3:57 PM  

post a comment

<< Home