My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Sunday, July 31, 2005

The one about the book

Here is a list of the things I had planned or needed to do today...

1) Clean House
2) Laundry (Doodlebug's and my hand wash fabrics)
3) Purchase and install a backup drive in my computer (all my pictures are now stored on my computer and I am afraid of losing them)
4) Purchase frames for new pictures of Doodlebug and hang or display them
5) Grocery shopping
6) Blog - read all new, comment and post (including find missing recipe)
7) Organize my desk
8) Catch up on some paperwork for the office.

Here is a list showing the items above that I have accomplished.





Notice the big blank space??? Yes, I have not done anything that I planned or needed to do. This book is the reason for it. On Wed night, my hairdresser handed me this book as I was leaving her shop and said you have to read this. On Friday night, I picked it up, opened it and read the first couple of pages. I then immediately put it down saying to myself, "you can not pick this book up again until you have more time as it is going to be good". Well, that was the understatement of the year. Between last night and this morning, I have now read this book cover to cover. It was so good that I couldn't put it down. Then sometimes, I was so emotional over it, that I had to put it down for 10 or 15 minutes.

If you haven't read this novel, it is definitely a must read. I will warn you that a box of kleenex should be kept by at all times.

Now that I have my life in a little more perspective and have realized what is rubber and what is glass, I am marking #1, 7 & 8 off my list and making #3, 4 & 6 a higher priority and not really worrying about the rest.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!!

6 comments(s):

That sounds like an excellent book. Sheesh, I'm about 400 behind now as it is. You'd think all of these TV re-runs would drive me into reading my books, but no. I'll have plenty of time to read when Lauren leaves for college, right?

:) Excellent job of re-organizing those priorities!

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/31/2005 7:40 PM  

I read that book. It was very good, but I was so not happy with the ending.

Shopping at Target just makes live better somehow.

By Blogger Tammy, at 8/01/2005 8:19 AM  

"A" box of tissues? More like 2 boxes! I read that book in one sitting! I just couldn't put it down! I was so emotional afterward that I had to have chocolate!

By Blogger Tina M, at 8/01/2005 10:52 AM  

Sounds fantastic! I will have to go get this one!

By Blogger Mama Duck, at 8/01/2005 1:13 PM  

mrtl - Yes, he has been spitting them out quite quickly lately. I hate when they do that, as the plots truly suffer. This one is actually from 2001.

No, I haven't, but I will put it on my list.

Crayonz - It was very good. Let's hope you find time to read before Lauren leaves for college. I used to read a book a week, but I too have really fallen behind. Blogging has actually taken the place of a lot of my book reading. It is much more interesting to read about the lives of real people, plus the story doesn't end after 300 pages.

Yes, we all must re-organize our priorties from time to time.

teh - you must email me your thougts on the ending. I would like to know if we were unhappy about the same parts. (Please use email instead of comments so that we don't give away the ending to fellow bloggers.)

Hip Hip Horray for Target.

EA - You go girl. I had to have chocolate during the book. I actually ate my choc covered strawberries while reading it.

mama duck - yes, you should read it. I would send you the copy I have, except it belongs to someone else.

By Blogger KGrams, at 8/01/2005 9:14 PM  

P.S.

Just so everyone knows, I do not pronounce Target as tar"get", I use a french ending which makes it sound more sophisticated. Therefore, in my prior post, Hip Hip Hurray, actually rhymes with Target. :P (plus, it would have helped it I hadn't typo'd hurray.)

By Blogger KGrams, at 8/01/2005 9:19 PM  

post a comment

<< Home