My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Monday, July 25, 2005

As previously promised, my bday gifts

Yes, I know my b-day was over a week ago, but I've been busy. So, as promised here are the absolutely fab gifts, that I received.
Canon Powershot A95 5.0 Mega Pixels 12x Zoom
This is the one item I wanted more than anything. I even told my DH that if he got me this and if I could have it early, I would not want anything else for my bday. As he couldn't resist my sad pouty face and the fact that my old camera wasn't taking the best pics of Doodlebug, he and my mother-in-law went in together and bought me this back in May. They also purchased a larger memory card, lithium batteries, a compact flash card reader/writer and a case. They are the greatest : )

Now, knowing me as well as he does, my DH knew he had to have something for me on my Bday, so he gave me a very sweet card with a $100 bill in it to go shopping for whatever I want. (I still have it, as I want use it for something really special)
Then, on Monday, I received this at work...

The card was soooo sweet. It said "Just when you least expect it, something beautiful will come into your life, just as you came into my life". Talk about making a girl need to grab a kleenex. He definitely earned extra brownie points with this one. He can leave the tp roll empty for the next 2 weeks and I will be happy to be the one to replace it.


Magnet Sheet for printing pictures, Portrait Paper, Hershey Kisses and a fab watch with matching bracelet.

All of this was from my good dear friend Lumpy. Hmmm, I wonder what pictures that I would want to print onto magnets for the fridge and my cubicle cubbies??? Yes, she know me well lots of Chocolate.
Last and definitely not least, I received the following wonderful gifts from my Little Sis, aka Easily Amused.

Bottle of Tresor Perfume

I am so happy as I love this stuff, but won't spend the $ on it for myself.

Suncatcher for my kitchen

This was the gift that EA was giving me hints on. It is a beautiful glass suncatcher with grapes.

Yes, I was truly extra spoiled on my Bday, I hope everyone else has a wonderful bday this year too.

7 comments(s):

Uh... Uh... Uh... NO FAIR! You have a dh that actually THINKS about what you like and gets it for you!

Can I borrow him for my next birthday please? Hee hee hee.

By Blogger Me, at 7/26/2005 8:30 AM  

Those are some fabulous gifts! The camera is a must with the Doodlebug, for sure. Have you been using it since May? I think your pictures are just great. You mean they'll get better?

The suncatcher is really pretty. What a great sis you have. I want a sister now.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/26/2005 8:55 AM  

Okay, that card almost made ME cry!! That was awesome. Great gifts. I think he and my husband need to get together and go bowling. Mine could use some tips!

By Blogger Tammy, at 7/26/2005 8:56 AM  

Yes, I may whine and complain about my DH, but in reality, I am one very lucky girl to have been found and rescued by him. Please don't tell him this, as his head will swell to the size of Texas and there would be no living with him.

Meritt - He may not do dishes or housework, but he is extra fab on gift giving. I think he is trying to make up for all the crappy gift years I had when I was married to the ex and when I was single.

Of course you can borrow him, just return him by Christmas. LOL

Crayonz - Yes, I have been using the new camera this whole time, but I do hope to get better, as I am going to sign up for some classes to learn more about it. There are 14 different settings to take a pic and so far, I just use automatic. I am such a loser.

The suncatcher is great, the picture doesn't do it justice, as the green tree in the yard mutes it some on film and I get too much of a reflecvtion if I take the pic at night (I have at least figured this much out.) EA and I took a vote and you have now officially been adopted into our family. Welcome blog sister and blog niece. You have no clue what you just got yourself into. hehehe.

teh - I will be happy to send my DH to meet with yours... as an added bonus, he loves bowling.

By Blogger KGrams, at 7/26/2005 9:53 PM  

Okay girls, doesn't it suck not having a DH like KGrams'? Wish mine was that thoughtful at gift giving!!!
But, no matter how hard I try, he will never learn.

KGrams: I'm glad you liked your gifts, and had a great B-Day!!

Crayonz: WELCOME TO THE FAMILY!!!

By Blogger Tina M, at 7/27/2005 9:39 AM  

AWRIGHT! I was wondering how long it was going to take!

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/27/2005 12:11 PM  

promise day pic download

By Blogger Jatin Sethi, at 2/05/2020 4:16 AM  

post a comment

<< Home