My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

I'm late and it's Way Back Wednesday...

OK, I must post before the stroke of midnight so that I can make Way Back Wednesday. OK Mama Duck has really done it this time.

This week's theme is: Education & Inebriation

I can't actually post any pictures, as I never went to college to have any taken (I got married at 19), and all my partying was done in my teens and none of us could actually hold a camera very long to take pics once we started drinking. So as not to be left out (and suffer the embarrassment of being laughed at by Mama Duck), I will post a story.

Please keep in mind that up until the time I was 15, I was a total geek and then, once I turned 15, I decided I needed to make up for lost time.

It was the night before my 16th birthday when some of the guys that I hung out with realized that I was going to be 16 the next day and decided that I needed celebrate. They decided that they were going to take me out and show me a good time (before you even think it, not that kind of a good time, we were all close and I was like a little sis to them.) We all piled into S's vehicle and went to 7-11 where S could get served. They bought me a pint of Jack and also purchased a couple of cases of beer.

After purchasing the booze needed for this little party, they took me to a park down by the river and told me they were keeping me out all night. When we got there, they had me take shots of Jack and then chase it with the beer. I thought I would die when I did the first one, then I decided it wasn't so bad and kept going. We actually had a great time, telling stories and jokes. They guys even had a fun time playing catch with my shirt. (Must add comment here: the style back then was to wear a tube top and then wear a button up type of shirt over it and to tye the button up shirt at the bottom. However, my bday is in the middle of July and it was freakin hot out, therefore, I had taken off the outer shirt, my tube top never left my body.) We continued to drink and laugh and sing in the park until the police came. They were notorious for hopping the curb and driving down the walk area. We jumped up and started running and fast as we could for drunk people, into the park and up a huge hill. All the time we are running, I am trying to pass all the booze I have to one of the guys as he was older than me and the other 2 are trying to get my shirt out of the tree they had hung it in. We finally got up to the top of the hill in the park, dropped to the ground and started rolling with laughter.

I did manage to finish off the pint of Jack and I don't know how my beers I consumed that night, but I just know that when we got back to S's car, I was so trashed that I couldn't stop giggling and laughing. S took us back to his house to pass out for awhile and all I can remember is him saying Shhhhh your gonna wake my mom. I woke the next morning (fully clothed) with the biggest hangover of my life. When I got home, Mom & Dad were both gone (thank god), I prayed to the porcelain god for awhile and then took a cold shower and passed back out still in my towel. When I woke up, my tongue was actually black from all the Jack. UGH!!! Needless to say, I spent most of my 16th Birthday sleeping and puking. From that day forward, Jack and I have no longer been friends. Just the smell of jack brings back memories from my 16th bday and has me gagging.

Ok, in reading this, it was not near as interesting and funny as it was living it... I guess you had to be there, or maybe just be really really drunk!

7 comments(s):

I couldn't play the 'right' way either. I was married at 18 and by the time I went to visit my best friend AT college when we 'would have' both been Juniors... I was 7 months pregnant. She partied, I was already 2 years married by that point. ;)

By Blogger Me, at 7/21/2005 4:17 AM  

Hey, Meritt dosen't count! 4:17am, that's just not right! HAHAHA

Well, I'm glad you clarified the clothing part. I was getting a little worried there for a minute! Yes, I totally feel for ya girl. I felt much the same way when I woke up that next morning! Thank God Dad built us our own bathroom!! Uggggg.

I think I know the park. Done much partying there myself. Off Broadway???

By Blogger Tina M, at 7/21/2005 8:52 AM  

Tell me you didn't drink the whole pint by yourself?!? Oh my. I've been that drunk once - it was on cinnamon schnapps. So, I feel for you!

By Blogger Tammy, at 7/21/2005 8:57 AM  

Black tongue? I thought that was just a Pepto Bismol thing?

That's quite the adventure you had there. Now, Doodlebug, if you're old enough to read this, I'm sure that kgrams driver was COMPLETELY SOBER AS SHE WOULD NEVER DRINK AND DRIVE OR LET SOMEBODY DRINK AND DRIVE HER HOME. Nor would your kgrams get drunk with a couple of boys that she didn't know, in a van down by the river. Nor would she let them play catch with her clothing. Um, kay? Alright, I think I've drilled that into her head enough for the day.

Party on.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/21/2005 9:06 AM  

wait, wait...let me go get drunk and read it again.lol...;)Just kidding.

By Blogger Katy, at 7/21/2005 10:10 AM  

OMG...that's a lot of alcohol for a teenager!

Katy- you doofus!! ;)

I'm glad you played and I promies not to laugh at you at all...except maybe whilst picturing you guys completely loaded and trying to run!

By Blogger Mama Duck, at 7/21/2005 11:17 AM  

meritt - the fact that we played is what counts!

EA - Sorry, but all's fair in love, war and now blogging. No need to get worried, I was prim and proper (where clothes were concerned) LOL. Yes, that was the park.

teh - I honestly don't remember how much of it I drank, but I do know that they were taking shots as well.

crayonz - you are correct on all accounts! Plus, once Doodlebug is old enough to read my blog, this post and any future incriminating ones will be deleted.

katy - you are too funny. Glad to see that Chris is back!

mama duck - thanks for not laughing, except of course where laughter is definitely provoked.

By Blogger KGrams, at 7/24/2005 1:58 AM  

post a comment

<< Home