My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Who are these people

and better yet, why are they here???

I love my family, but some days I wonder why do I have to live with them??? I am so tired of coming home and finding everything out of place. I know I have already commented on the toothpicks and the empty toilet paper rolls, but let's take this a step further.

Yesterday...
The teenager had his cousin spend the night on Tuesday. Wednesday morning, they get up and make cinnamon rolls for breakfast. After breakfast, they leave... they leave the house and they leave a dirty pan covered in icing goo on top of the stove, dirty paperplates on the counter, a 1/2 glass of sprite in the family room, a 1/2 glass of milk in the family room, the TV on and the lights on. Yes, they left just for me.

Today...
I had to leave for work (I actually had to take a class all day) and I come home, they apparently had to leave as well. Only, they left the trash bag being shoved down in the trash can and everything thrown on top and around it. Then I noticed there was "leaving" going on all over the house... empty soda can one kitchen counter, empty cup on another counter, the unmade bed, a wet hand towel on the bathroom sink and the phone. Now just where would one find a phone that is not in it's cradle??? Try on the teenagers bed under a pile of clothes and whatever else the junk on there was. Yes, not wanting to disappoint me, they again left just for me.

Now, could they just leave me and not leave for me??? This is all I will say for now, but please comment and let me know that I am not alone in my struggle for sanity and cleanliness.

5 comments(s):

*hug* I have 5. FIVE.

Why can't they put the milk back in the fridge? WHY?

By Blogger Random and Odd, at 7/15/2005 5:29 AM  

First of all, I'm sorry my teenager behaved so badly as to leave his trash around. Yoou know at home, I don't put up with that. Maybe he thought he was on vacation??? He is so lucky you made me promise not to yell at him before I read this post!

I feel for you, I'm so tired of being the maid! Look for a post on this next week. Last Sun. I started keeping a list of the things each of us do around the house on a daily basis. It should make an interesting post. Hint **I'm winning .

By Blogger Tina M, at 7/15/2005 9:00 AM  

Oh crap. I hate it when houseguests don't clean up after themselves. I guess I'd better stop wanting more babies until Lauren turns 18, huh?

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/15/2005 9:23 AM  

hahahha,,,,, Kris USE to be one of the biggest leavers of all time.
Ask her about the cheese. Im glad she has 5, there is justice to be had.

By Blogger dashababy, at 7/15/2005 5:06 PM  

Kristine - Thanks for the hug, I needed it. Ok, I have to ask... what about the Cheese?

EA - It was not your son's fault, it was mine!!! He knows he is to clean up after himself and any guest, your son was just following his actions or lack thereof. Trust me, my post wasn't about your teenager, but more my teenager and my DH.

Oh, I'm sure you are winning by a landslide (not to be confused with a Doodlebug Mudslide).

Crayonz - It's worse when it's your own family that doesn't clean up after themselves. Here's my piece of Dear Abbey advice - do NOT start cleaning up after them, if you do, they will expect it forever.

Dashababy - Welcome to my blog. Sorry you came in on a rant and rave, please keep reading as I do occasionally have days that I am sane. Ahhh justice... I hope someday that I can get some. I definitely asked her about the cheese. This isn't anything like the Everyone Loves Raymond episode with the cheese in the suitcase is it?

By Blogger KGrams, at 7/16/2005 1:54 PM  

post a comment

<< Home