My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Friday, July 08, 2005

And the drama continues...

Remember my post from Thursday about having to renew my Driver's License? Well, I left work at noon today to take care of this little matter. I went to City Hall and for the low low price of $12.00 I was able to get a copy of my marriage license to DH. (What a bargain, he is worth every penny!)

So, with my birth certificate, first marriage license, divorce papers, current marriage license, social security card and a recent bank statement in hand, off to the DMV I go. I get there and pull a ticket from the little red ticket number thingie... #43. I look up at the diplay, they are on #20. I have 23 people infront of me OI Vay. It's ok though, I can handle this, my eye dr appt isn't for another 2 hours and also while I am waiting, I now have a chance to peruse the LTD Commodities Fall Catalog that I happen to have in my car. (Yes, I found some great items that I will be ordering... shhh don't tell DH.) It suddenly comes to my attention that they are calling numbers like F21, F22 etc. I look at my ticket... I have A43. Yes ladies and gentlemen I don't have 20 people before me, I have ONE HUNDRED and TWENTY people before me. After waiting 1 1/2 hours, they are only up to #F74 and I have to leave to get to the eye doctor.

Still legally licensed for 9 more days... must get renewal... must find DMV with people that work faster than a snail pace... must hold onto what little sanity I have left.

4 comments(s):

Honey, you didn't go to the one near you did you? You just can't go to that one, it never works out well. Do you remember that description of the workers at city hall I commented to you about before? Well, these people are even worse! You have to go to the one my the movie theater. I won't step foot in the other one! Good luck next time. It's stupid that they are open only one Saturday a month. How do they think that they can cram everyone who works normal working hours into one Saturday???

By Blogger Tina M, at 7/09/2005 6:40 AM  

My word, that's unbelievable! I'm a little confused. I haven't been to a DMV since I took my driving test as a teenager. I get my license renewed at the local tag agency, in and out in 10 minutes. Is that an Oklahoma thing, then?

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/09/2005 11:55 AM  

Are you able to schedule an appointment? The DMV I go to lets you make appointments so that the fiasco (that happened to you) doesn't happen....?! :) GOOD LUCK!

By Blogger N.F., at 7/09/2005 1:15 PM  

Easily Amused,
You know I did... Saturday, I drove to the next county and went to the one by the movie theater. (They are actually open every Sat, but watch out for the close up)

Crayonz,
That's it, I'm moving to Oklahoma! In Missouri, when you want to take your actual test, you have to go to the Missouri State Troopers office. You then have to go to the DMV to get your new license, renew you existing license, get or renew a State ID, register a veh, get new tags or renew tags for a vehicle. Yes, the idea here is to cram everyone into one office, have 3 people working you through an assembly line type process and none of them can dare to deviate and help pick up the slack if one line gets to long. Yes, this is why Missouri still has a State Tax... my hard earned $ going to taxes to pay for these wonderful services.

feather123,
Make an appointment.... hahahah you make me laugh.

By Blogger KGrams, at 7/11/2005 6:19 PM  

post a comment

<< Home