My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Thursday, July 07, 2005

They have got to be kidding

So, here I am sitting back fat, dumb and happy (ok, not dumb and somewhat happy) LOL. When suddenly it hits me...

Sorry, we must interrupt this post as we have a cranky Doodlebug.

Uhh, ok, I'm back now and Doodle is happily sitting on my lap playing. So where was I, oh yes, it suddenly hit me that... SHIT!

Sorry, we must interrupt this post as we now have a mess.

Whew! Ok, I'm back again, sorry, but Doodlebug has decided that she loves cups and that if you have one, it is hers and she wants it. Unfortunately, there was one on the desk full of soda. It is now empty and the soda has been cleaned from a crying Doodlebug, my legs, the desk, floor and other various items that dared in its path.

Now back to my post, I was saying??? Oh yeah, it suddenly hit me this week that... Come on, not again. Sorry, we must interrupt this post one more time, as DH is now home from work and Doodlebug is really cranky and ready for bed.

WOO HOO, I am back... Doodlebug has been dropped off at her other grandma's and DH is watching tv.

So as I have been trying to tell you, it hit me this week that in its infinite wisdom, the State of Misery (oops, that should be Missouri) has changed it so that your driver's license now renews on your bday. My driver's license has always renewed in Sept, I know it, I have had no problem with it and now they have changed it. So, with this change, my driver's license is now due to expire in a week!!! This, I did not realize nor was I expecting. OK, not a problem, I will just pop on into the ever so wonderful DMV office and get it renewed. What's that, there is a new law with regard to renewing your license. You have to prove what??? Yes, ladies and gentlemen, after having held a valid Missouri Driver's License for over 20 years, they now want me to provide them with the following:

Proof of Lawful Presence - Birth Certificate
Proof of Identity - Social Security Card
Proof of Residency- Utility Bill or Bank Statement


I know this doesn't sound like a big deal to you, but come on, give me a break. Now, I know all of you women picked up on the fact that my birth certificate is not going to match my SS Card or Bank Statement as it has my maiden name it. So, I guess I need my marriage license also. What is that, I was married before, so my marriage license has my prior married name, now I need my marriage license and divorce decree from my first marriage. (OK, the ex was definitely was not worth all this trouble!) So, I am in a mad panic to find all of these documents, I rush to the bank, pull out the safety deposit box and there lying in the bottom all nice and neat are all of my important papers.

Birth Certificate - Check
Social Security Card - Check
1st Marriage License - Check
Divorce Decree - Check
Current Marriage License -


OOPS, how is it that I still have the marriage license from a marriage as a teenager in 1986, but I don't have my current one from 1999. Guess I get to go to my friendly city hall office tomorrow and try to get a copy of my marriage license.

I ask you, is it worth it? Do I really need to drive this badly? Why do we have to go through all of this and the men don't. Next time, I'm keeping my name and making them change their name.

1 comments(s):

Ahh, Doodlebug is getting of an age where she just dosen't want to sit in her little seat and be still anymore. All she wants is to be held and loved. She sure picked the right person for the job. Even after all of the Doodlebug drama, I'm sure you held her and told her how much you love her and was sorry to see her go home for the night.

Don't you just love the kind of work our tax dollars go for in regards to the Govt.? How much money do you think the state spent on special planning commities comming up with this stupid plan?

Hope you have luck at City Hall today. I was there not long ago, I was standing in a line of 4 people to pay my taxes at the cashiers office. There were 2 cashiers. While one worked, the other sat there reading a magazine. I can't believe how lazy they are. Hey, wait a minute, where do I get job application??? LOL

By Blogger Tina M, at 7/08/2005 7:41 AM  

post a comment

<< Home