My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Sweet Dreams to all...

Lately, I have ranted and raved (kept it G rated as best as possible), whined and complained. However, tonight, I will not do that. No, tonight, I sit here in the quiet reading and commenting on my favorite blogs and preparing my own post. (It is quiet as our company is gone, Doodlebug is tucked in her bed and DH & the Teenager are watching television.) I have been talking to a few people lately about how much I enjoy my quiet time doing this and how reading a blog is like a good book and each post being a new chapter. Only its better, as the characters are real and you feel you get to know them. I look forward to my little Bloglines Icon telling me that some of my favorites have a new post.

I just started participating in the Stuff Portrait Friday last week and than was reading a blog yesterday and found that there are now tag games and Monday games to play. I commented that I was never going to get any housework done again and received a comment reply that these were totally voluntary. I read this and thought Crayonz, how could you say such a thing to me, I thought you knew me better than that by now? Apparently, you have not read this post or you would know that I am totally addicted and that I have a bit of an OCD personality which does not allow me to stop on such a great adventure.

I just had to stop for a few minutes as Doodlebug was crying. When I went to her, she was still sound asleep, but crying. I held her and soothed her until she was peaceful once more. The same thing also happened one evening last week. I don’t remember this happening with the Teenager, but is have been a long time since he was this little. I know infants dream, but can they have bad dreams? What could a 5 month old possibly know that could be so terrible that it would make them cry in their sleep? From now on, I am going to make sure I give her an extra kiss and sweet dreams to ward away all bad thoughts.

Back to my prior comments, Crayonz was also trying to figure out how many of us there are and she was guessing 3. Crayonz, you are right, there are 3 (did the Middle Child thing give it away?) but in 2 different ways.

In the first way, there are 3 of us and I am the poor abused middle child while Easily Amused is the Spoiled Baby. I started telling my baby sis about my blog and she started reading it and then set one up for herself. Our older sister does not blog and we have not mentioned our blogs to her, as I am sure one of us will be blogging about her at some point. LOL

The second way that there are3 of us, is in the blog world. This is as our niece On the Go has joined us in our blogging journey. NOTE: Her post of today was not PG13 rated, it was more like R rated due to language, so beware when visiting her site. (I am still in shock over it)

Here’s to hoping all my friends in the blog world have sweet dreams tonight.

5 comments(s):

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. What a nice blog. Hope Doodlebug had better sleep after the extra loveing. Next time give her a kiss from her favorite Aunt also. I miss her, it's been a whole week since I have seen her.

Hey you aren't that abused. Technically, in the blog world, you are the oldest of the three of us. No, not in age even though that works also. Wait a minute, I can then claim to be the poor mistreated middle child since I was second to do the blog thing. Hey, I may like this after all. LOL.

I can't wait to start Sutff Portrait Friday. I think that may be the only skill level on my playing field. But, none the less, it will be fun!

See ya, Love Lil Sis.

By Blogger Tina M, at 6/29/2005 9:13 AM  

G-rated, hmmm? Trying to maintain that special spot on my blogroll, I see. :P Honestly, it seems as though there are probably only a handful of truly G-rated blogs. I should've said I'll blogroll links that are not X-rated.

Bloglines - awright! However, I missed a couple of your posts because the booger just told me today!

Oh man, I had no idea about the OCD! I'll definitely keep that in mind for future memes.

Aw, isn't it terrible to hear them cry in their sleep? Since Lauren's little suckling lips are always going at an imaginary bottle while she's asleep, I attribute it to a bad batch of milk.

It's amazing how addicting blogging becomes. Soon we'll see older sis and your mom. Okay, maybe not mom. You have to have something to talk about.

I've read "On the Go" before, but I didn't realize she was your niece. The story about her Dads was so sad and heartwarming at the same time. I can only infer that Dad #1 chose to end his life so soon. She's got a great family, though.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 6/29/2005 11:12 AM  

Easily Amused,
Yes, I do occasionally put away the sarcastic smarty side of me and actually write something soft and meaningful. I just can't do it to often, as the sarcastic ones are just so much more entertaining.

Yes, I do tell her the her Aunt loves her... I have a bunch of pictures that rotate as my screen saver (Yes, you and her together are a couple of them) and I always remind her who the people are and that they love her.

You have lived for 34 years as the baby and therefore, can never really be the poor middle child, but I am definitely willing to change it up.

You have way more skill level than you give yourself credit for!

Crayonz,
Definitely!!! I love being apart of other blogs. Plus, I really don't want to offend anyone in blog world even though it is my space to write what I want when I want. I have only seen one X-rated in my blog meandering and it was more than I wanted to ever see. On the Go also found one, it was of gay men.

Yes, not totally OCD, but I have many OCD tendencies. Like not being able to stop something once I have started it... this is the one that is killing me in the Blog world. I must stop finding new blogs to read as I can't get them all in everynight.

It breaks my heart to hear her crying like that. She too does the suckling lip thing, so I keep hoping she is just dreaming that she is eating and that her bottle is empty.

Yes, On the Go does have a great family. Her father (my older brother from a previous marriage of my dad) ended his life at the age of 32. Some say he was a coward for ending his life... I have always thought that it took a lot more guts to pull a trigger than it does to live. If you are willing to take that final step, you must truly believe there is no other way. Not that I think what is he was right or even fair to the rest of us, but it was what he wanted and I have long ago forgiven him for being selfish and denying us of his company.

By Blogger KGrams, at 6/29/2005 11:40 PM  

Is there something more to life than being sarcastic? Besides shopping what else do we have to live for if not being sarcastic? LOL. I love the reply from Crayonz about Mom not blogging because we have to have something to talk about. Way too cute. I think we should adopt her. She just fits in so well!

By Blogger Tina M, at 6/30/2005 8:16 AM  

easily amused - You are too cute! I'd have to check with Rancito because with all the shopping we'd do, I'd go broke!

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/02/2005 9:34 AM  

post a comment

<< Home