My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Monday, June 20, 2005

It just keeps getting better....

As you all know, I really do not like Mondays. Actually, I think that they don't like me and today was another perfect example.

1) I totally forgot that today was a bonus casual day and I could have dressed in jeans or capris. Instead, I wore black dress pants, a black and white shirt and black heels.

2) BPT called me in the car this morning on my way to work... will explain this further down in the post.

3) Due to BPT calling me, I arrived at work with only a few minutes to spare (7:55) and unfortunately, had a meeting scheduled at 8:00 and I needed to print off the work I had done from home over the weekend and had emailed to myself. The attachment was blank!!!

4) Apparently, I was not the only one with this problem. Within the first 4 minutes of my day, had received 2 other phone calls and an email regarding this. Luckily for me, this was something I couldn't fix and was able to pass it on to the new guy.

HAPPY MONDAY MORNING!!!

5) When going to lunch today, a group of us got onto the elevator, it started to go down and then jumped and just stopped. We had to use the emergency phone to get them to remotely open the doors and get us off the elevator.

6) The reason it was a casual day is that the building mgr was having a BBQ lunch for the entire building today. So, by the time we got off the elevator and was able to catch another one, the line was very long and we had to wait forever. Did I mention that the lunch was a BBQ which is held outside in the middle of a grassy area on the complex and that the temperatures were in the upper 80's and there wasn't any shade??? Remember what I was wearing??? So there I was, walking across the grassy area in my heals and then sitting outside eating in hot humid weather with the sun beating down on me. (The benches were so hot, that you felt like your behind was on fire... talk about hot buns. HA)

7) So, I finally cool off and think the rest of the day should go smooth when my cell phone rings. It's my alarm company telling me that my burglar alarm is suddenly going off due to a breach of the front door and they have dispatched the police. The teenager is supposed to be home sleeping... call the house, no answer; call his cell, no answer. Leave work in a panic and drive home as quickly as I can. In the meantime, the teenager actually wakes up, hears the alarm, shuts it off and calls me. He states that he hadn't activated the alarm before he took a nap and that the front door is shut and locked and therefore, the alarm had no reason to go off. I quickly call the alarm co back to stop the dispatch of the police (they charge a fee if they come out on a false alarm) they want my security code... after several seconds of uhh, ummm and other noises, I finally remember it and they tell me they will see if they can stop the police. Upon arriving home, I find all is safe and sound just as the teenager said, however, the control panel for the alarm is blinking. Call alarm company back and report. They have me reset the panel again and tell me that it couldn't have possibly gone off if not activated. Well, guess what... IT DID!!! I then talk to service and they tell me, that this does happen occasionally and when was the last time I had my system serviced? When it was installed 3 or 4 years ago. Apparently, you are actually supposed to call them each year and have them service your alarm system.... what, punching in the code and off or on is a big toll on it? So now, I will be taking a day of vacation this week to have my alarm system serviced... oh joy!

And all of this before 2:30 in the afternoon. Monday's should be illegal!!!

I realize that I have no luck with customer service . (As Marebear kindly pointed out last week, she and I wear signs that say "Please assist me if you deliver exceptionally bad customer service.") Apparently, that is not all my sign says. It also must say... "please call me and ask me to go out of my way for you as I live for this."

Case in point, when BPT called me this morning, it was because she needed a needle and thread as she had pulled a thread on her pants and created a small hole in a seam. So, here I am driving out of my way to Walgreens to get a needle and thread. Of course, the Walgreens I was closest to, wasn't open 24 hours and I then had to backtrack several more blocks to go to a grocery store. Now this in itself isn't that big of a deal, except last week, I was out to lunch with Lumpy when my cell rang and it was BPT. She was wanting to know if I was out to lunch and would bring something back for her she couldn't leave as they might need her in a meeting. I told her not a problem (I know my mistake), but here is were it gets good. She doesn't want something from where I am at (she normally likes the food there and doesn't have a problem with it), she wants me to drive to another place to pick up her lunch. Is it me, or is this just a little too much???

Well, this is all I can handle for one day so I am going to leave you now, go to bed so that I can put an end to this Monday!

3 comments(s):

Wow! It's so nice to read someone else's life and realize that mine is the only one that's filled with HECTICNESS! :)

By Blogger N.F., at 6/21/2005 10:32 PM  

Well honey, I would have to admit that you had one real suck ass day. On really bad Mondays, you should always think about one important thing... "Tomorrow is Tuesday, and I get to see Doodlebug!" That in itself should bring a smile to your pretty face and erase all bad thoughts.

By Blogger Tina M, at 6/22/2005 8:23 AM  

Marebear,
I know you more than anyone understands my drama as we are so much alike and you also had to put up with BPT's mood swings. I do feel better that at least I didn't get her tomatos. HA I too have always been up on casual day, but the Monday thing just threw me off!

Feather123,
Nice to hear from you. Yes, my life is filled with hectiness and a little drama... for me, it's just part of being a middle child.

Easily Amused,
Yes, the tought of Doodlebug always makes me smile. Thank you for calling my face pretty... do you feel this way because we look so much alike? Just remember, blondes do have more fun.

By Blogger KGrams, at 6/22/2005 10:31 PM  

post a comment

<< Home