My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Monday, June 27, 2005

Is it Tuesday yet?

I had a few thoughts the other day and decided they would make a great blog post and decided I would post them on Sunday. Then came the house cleaning or lack thereof that I had to post on Sunday. I decided not a problem I will post my thoughts on Monday. Yeah right, what was I thinking? MONDAY!!! Anymore, the word itself just scares me.

Yes, today was Monday and I have almost lived through it. Today started out like any other typical day and then I got out of bed. This is when it all started happening. I am really bad about getting my clothes together the night before, so as I am in the shower, I'm thinking about what I want to wear, keeping in mind that I may or may not have a client appointment today and I have an 8:00 meeting. I decide on my Blue 2 Piece Pants Set. It is lightweight (as the humidity in Missouri will kill you the moment you step outside) and professional looking yet comfortable. So I go down to the basement from the 2nd floor to retrieve the clothes and notice they have to be steamed ironed. I go back upstairs and plug in the steamer. I am steaming the pants and when I start to steam the inside of the leg, I notice there is a hole in the crotch area. Now, this is not a quick stitch it up kind of a hole, it is a material frayed never to be worn again hole. HUH!!! What happened, I just wore these a few weeks ago? I don't have devil moths nor any other type of cloth eating insects in my home. Also, I have not noticed, nor has any family member or close friend mentioned any officious aroma coming from that area of my body that would cause cloth to disintegrate. Apparently, hand wash in cold and line dry means don't go anywhere near water or detergent. As up to know, I have dry cleaned only, however, I got a spot on it (really it was Doodlebug urp, which dry cleaning will not fix) and I had to actually wash them. Not only did they decide to fall apart, but they left a nice bluish purple residue on my new khaki capris. Aargh! So, what am I to wear now??? I go back down to the basement to retrieve another suit and bring it up, oh goody; it needs to be steamed as well. What ever happened to wash and wear???

In between all of this, I have to stop to dry my hair, as it is starting to dry on it's own and I will look like a clown freak if I don't pull some of the flip, curl and frizz out of it that the wonderful Midwest Humidity puts in it.

I also stop to look at my cell phone as it is beeping. I have a text msg from BPT noting that she brought in Chicken Salad for us to eat, but forgot the buns, if I could stop on my way in and get them. HELLO... Its 7:00 and I am having clothing and hair issues here and you want me to stop and get buns???

So rush to finish getting ready, leave for work and stop to get buns. As stated in previous posts, if I have to go by the store on my way in, it puts my off my regular route and I have to cross the railroad tracks. Yup, you get a Gold Star as I did indeed get stopped by a train. Actually, not 1 train, but 2 trains as there was one going each way. Not only were the trains going by, but 1 of them stopped to do whatever business it needed somewhere down the track.

I fly into the parking garage, run into the building and make it to my desk at 8:02. I toss my purse and briefcase, grab my paperwork and head off to my meeting all the while taking deep breaths. The person I am trying to help with these meetings then stops me and says "Oh, I'm kind of busy this morning and it's really not good for me, can we meet another day"? AAAAAAH.


Back to my desk I go, and start putting everything away from where I dumped it, when I notice I don't have my work cell phone with me. I left it in the car. I go back to the parking garage, retrieve my cell phone and then go back to my desk. It is now officially 8:15, I am hot, tired and miserable and have the rest of the day to look forward to. Good Grief!!!

I must go now, as the bathroom needs to be cleaned tonight before DH's family comes over tomorrow and we all know that bathrooms don't clean themselves and better yet, no male member of this household would clean a bathroom. (I guess I must be the one that doesn't aim well and dribbles down the side of the toilet) UCK!

5 comments(s):

Wow, I'm so glad I came across your blog! It gives me hope that I'm not crazy! It's kind of like reading my life in print! Except I didn't print it! :)

By Blogger N.F., at 6/27/2005 11:39 PM  

Oh, where to start…..? I know, { you }. In case you were wondering, that was a big hug. Just thought you could use it. If not, save it for later.

Mondays always suck. They should be outlawed! Oh, and you thought your hair looked bad, I looked like a French poodle yesterday. The humidity god is not my friend either.

The toothpicks I could handle. Do you know my DH’s new habit? Sunflower seeds. Think about it. His aim is as good with the trash can as it is with the toilet. I have asked repeatedly that he use a bag, bowl or something. When I catch him, he says ‘Uhh, I forgot”. Duh, I can see that you big idiot. But do you think that he stops and goes to get something or do you think he just carries on as he was doing? We do have TIVO, and he could pause his show while it takes him less than a minute to go to the kitchen to get something. But alas, he is a man, so it never happens!

By Blogger Tina M, at 6/28/2005 7:43 AM  

I just have to adress another issue. Your pants. Think of it this way, you have lots of pretty panties, and you shouldn't have to keep them hidden. You are just making a fashion statement. Besides, if everyone (except Mama Duck ~ re: bread tie) can go around with thier bra straps hanging out, and thong straps showing, what's wrong with you showing a little panty? Even though I hate when you can see bra & thong straps. The only thongs I care to see are on peoples feet.

Oh, and you were right. If any part of you ~ not just there, were not quite so spring rain / meadow breeze / wild flower fresh, I would hand you a bar of Leaver for all of your 2000 parts. LOL

Love, Lil Sis.

By Blogger Tina M, at 6/28/2005 9:25 AM  

feather123,
No, you are not crazy... or maybe we both are??? No, we are definitely not crazy. I also love reading your blog as I can relate on so many levels. Stay tuned as I am sure more drama will be forthcoming. Also, I was going to add your blog to my of favs if this is ok with you???

easily amused,
Thank you for the hug, I needed it and right back at you. Yes, Monday's should definitely be outlawed, is there a petition we can sign?

You are right, the toothpicks are much better than saliva covered sunflower seed shells being strewn about in the carpet, recliner and etc. (Do you feel better about his habbit now?)

I knew I could count on you to let me know if I am having anything but the "Just Fresh Feeling" smell
about me. Also, just in case, I actually prefer Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea. : )

By Blogger KGrams, at 6/28/2005 11:22 PM  

officious aroma

Oh my word! That cracked me up. Mondays should be outlawed for sure.

P.S. I'm a B&B Sweet Pea too!

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 6/29/2005 10:43 AM  

post a comment

<< Home