My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Friday, June 24, 2005

Whew, I made it though the week!

Where do I begin tonight??? I have had such a busy week that I realized I haven't posted on my blog since Tuesday. Shame on me, but I have kept up on reading all of yours, but possibly didn’t post a comment due to tiredness and a lack of time.

First of all, let me state that I was right about the lack of luck in my life/bad karma. In looking at the week, I have come to the realization that the only day which was actually quite and peaceful for me was Wednesday. And guess what, Wednesday was a FULL MOON. While this was a crazy day for the rest of the world, I sailed right through it.

The good news is... I took off work on Thursday for the alarm tech (see post on 6/20). The bad news is... I forgot to forward my desk phone to voicemail. What happens is that any internal calls to my desk immediately roll to my cell phone. I know what you’re saying; I should have just not answered the cell phone. Unfortunately, my OCD do gooder (Spell check wants me to change this to goober… HA) personality will not allow me to do that knowing that someone out there needs help. Most of the calls were relatively easy to answer over the phone, but there is always 1 that spoils it. I won't even go into details as it was absolutely insane the way people call you for help and then start yelling at you when you are trying to help them. (By the way, the reason they called me is that BPT gave them a little info but wouldn't actually go through it all with them. Figures!)

The other good news was that the teenager's g/f called late Wed Night and asked that since I was off work, would I mind watching Doodlebug. This is never a problem for me to have her. Here is where the bad news comes in. I have still been having problems getting a good night’s sleep. No, this is not due to the 5 month old; it is due to the teenager and DH. I decided that I could stay up late on Wed and sleep in until at least 8:00 on Thurs. First of all, DH fell asleep on the couch again, but he did make sure to set his alarm for 6:00 am! Not starting out to be a happy day. Then, the teenager goes to leave at 6:45 to go get Doodlebug. Wait a minute nobody mentioned that she was coming that early. So much for my thoughts of sleeping.

Today was also a crazy run around kind of a day. I spent over 20 minutes on a printer problem that BPT dumped on me and then it turned out to be something she could log in as admin and do from her desk. I am getting a cool new tool to use at work… I am getting a Logitech io Personal Digital Pen. Now mind you, I am only getting this as it was ordered for someone else and after a year, they have come back and said they didn’t like using it. I’ll take it anyway I can get it!

I will end this with a happy thought… I bought 2 new pairs of shoes today at lunch and even better yet, both were on sale for 50% off!!! WOO HOO : )

4 comments(s):

I bought 2 new pairs of shoes this week, the day I got my pedicure. (Wait, actually 3 pairs, one pair were cool green flip flops). I love Payless - I tell my friends I got my shoes at "Payless, you could pay more but why?" :)

By Blogger N.F., at 6/24/2005 11:38 PM  

Excuse me, but I have spoken with you everyday this week....AND THERE WAS NO MENTION OF SHOES! You're holding out on me. You know that if you are not buying shoes yourself, the next best this is hearing about someone else's buying of shoes! Never hold out on me again. It's just not right to do that to your lil sis.

I'm soooooo happy that you got to spend the whole day with Doodlebug. Who could resist that? Don't even complain that you didn't get much sleep as usual. You know that you would give up sleep all together for Doodlebug.

My DH used to set his alarm everynight, go to bed, get up before the alarm went off (he's usually up but likes to have the alarm as a safety net in case he would over sleep) and do what ever it is he does in other parts of the house. I would then get woke up way too early by this said alarm. Did I mention that he dosen't like a nice musical wake up? No, he had to have one of those old fashined "big ben" alarm clocks. The ones that make you jump 10 feet and send your heart racing faster than an Indy car. Well, after about a week of him and his new alarm clock, I told him where I was going to put it. LOL. Needless to say, most mornings I find it in the bathroom where I can't hear it going off (you can't turn it off once it's set). He's such a good boy.

By Blogger Tina M, at 6/25/2005 7:11 AM  

I'm normally not one to medicate (even over the counter), but my sleep is a precious thing. Have you thought about trying Tylenol PM (or they make one with just the PM sleep aid) or prescription Ambien?

I didn't get much sleep this week and it screws up my whole day until I can take catch up naps.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 6/26/2005 8:00 PM  

Feather123,
There is nothing better than showing off a pedicure with new shoes. I understand the Payless thing, but I can no longer do it. As I am standing or running from desk to desk all day, I have now learned that great foot comfort is derived from paying more.

Easily Amused,
I am so sorry that I forgot to mention the shows. 100 apologies on my part. Please see my new post of 6/25. Yes, Doodlebug is worth not getting to sleep, but it still wears on you.

Crayonz,
I too do not like taking any type of meds. However, in my former life (my last job), I used to take Ambien nightly or I could not sleep. Now, I have less stress and have no problem falling asleep. Unfortunatley, what I have is a husband and teenager who are night owls and don't understand the concept that some of us must get up at 5:30 every morning. Hmmm, maybe I should start feeding them Tylenol PM or Ambien.

By Blogger KGrams, at 6/26/2005 11:45 PM  

post a comment

<< Home