My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The underdog comes out on top today

Just got home a little while ago, as Lil Sis and I went to get pedicures and manicures tonight then went out to dinner. We both look and feel so pretty now. LOL

I needed this as after all, yesterday was Monday and now today, I only had a couple of things to whine about, but it was just too soon after yesterday.

First of all, BPT got a call from someone having problems and sent me to help them. All the while knowing their machine also had to be cleaned up as I pointed out last week that in walking by, I noticed it had strange pop- ups occurring on it. At that time, BPT told me she was aware of it and was going to take care of it. Well, as it still hadn't been done, she told me to go ahead and do it now. While doing this, I get a call from someone regarding a corrupt file, they had actually received this same error last week when trying to access the same document. Knowing my limitations, I told them they needed to call the new girl (NG), or BPT and gave her both phone #'s. About 10 minutes later, I have to call BPT about something I was doing and she says, oh by the way can you go see so and so, they called me and they are having a problem. (Hello... I am still working on the last person that called you and you were supposed to fix last week) OK, I didn't say this, but I did tell her that the person had called me first and that I asked them to call her or the NG. She wasn't happy with this answer, but she said ok, she would take care of it. (Marebear, you know the tone and voice I got on this one) SCORE 1 for the underdog!

Then, we are coming back from lunch and telling the NG about some of the places around to eat, when BPT says, I am dying for Bread Co, I haven't been there in a long time. I stated from the back seat, that I was just there last week and she didn't want it. She fires back... you didn't ask me. That is when I stated, I was there the day you couldn't leave and called me to bring back lunch for you and you told me you didn't want it, you wanted me to go somewhere else. Then I got the... well, I had really been in the mood for a hot ham and cheese sandwich. SCORE 2 for the underdog!

I will have to be on my best behavior tomorrow, I am afraid of the retribution if I actually score 3.

Now, I have a question - are people really as dumb as they seem? I am amazed that some people can actually get out of bed, get dressed and make it to work each day. My case in point today was the machine I was cleaning up... it had major spyware, adware, search engine toolbars had been downloaded, games had been downloaded, shopping assist had been download and the homepage for the website had been changed. After cleaning up the machine, the person tells me that things are missing that they use to have. (DUH) However, what they were referring to, aren't the programs or toolbars that I deleted. They stated they have no idea how these items got there. (PLEASE) They kept clicking on the internet and stating the information they sent themselves from home was missing. I questioned... if you sent this from home, would it not have been an email? They said yes, they sent themselves an email, but it was out here and they were pointing to their internet page history. They also stated that their homepage looks different, I expl this is what it was, they stated no, it is blank when I go out to the internet. OK, I GIVE UP!!! (Marebear, they also stated that they told normal.dot about the pop-ups before she left and she told them just to click on continue.)

7 comments(s):

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger N.F., at 6/22/2005 12:20 AM  

I forgot how COOL pedicures really are! :)

By Blogger N.F., at 6/22/2005 12:22 AM  

YOU GO GIRL!!!! See, all that back-bitting we practiced growing is really paying off. LOL.

Remember to be on good behavior today. If the 3rd point was scored in the same day it would be okay, but never score on the next day, she will know that you are fead up and pissy and will be sure to make it harder on you. God knows that you have enough drama in your life as it is.

And what are you laughing about? After our peds and manicures WE ARE PRETTY! Pretty little princesses.

By Blogger Tina M, at 6/22/2005 8:33 AM  

feather123,
Yes, pedicures are the coolest. I am big time addicted to them. I have my lil sis and I on a 2 week schedule to get them. I know it is expensive, but we deserve a little pampering in our lives!

Easily Amused,
Don't worry, I will be on my best behavior for the next few weeks. The rath of BPT is not something I normally try to provoke

Yes, we are pretty... it just made me think of the song, "I feel pretty, oh so pretty" which makes me smile and laugh.

Marebear,
Normal.dot, a blast from the past. I knew you would know who I was talking about. I'm hanging in, but by the tips of my fingers some days. Retirement is only 30 years away. YEAH!!! Actually, a new job posting was sent out today. Lucy forwarded me the email and told me it was calling my name... hmmm, maybe I should check it out, it's a small almost corner unit with an owner, his "ASSISTANT" and the person they hire. NOT! But I guess I will get to train the new employee, I'm sure this will go over extremely well.

By Blogger KGrams, at 6/22/2005 10:43 PM  

I love the underdog scoring system. Although, I'd probably love it more if I scored more often. ;)

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 6/23/2005 12:54 PM  

Did you ever see the SNL skit with the IT guy, "Moooove." I forget his name...Nick something I think it was. Very funny and I think you'd totally relate! :)

By Blogger Mama Duck, at 6/24/2005 11:06 AM  

Crayonz,
I don't score often either, it was just one of those days that I was actually on top. Normally, I am the type of person that normally doesn't talk back (unless it is to DH or the teenager) and I never can come back with a witty remark at the time it is needed. Therefore, I am sure, it won't happen again for a long while.

Marebear,
Thank you for the shoe, I love it. I'm ok with the color as you know, Pink & Purples are my colors of choice. However, I need a big one for my profile pic with Shoe Goddess on it. Can you help me out 1 more time?

Mama Duck,
That is actually one of my favorite skits on SNL. I swear that the skit is BPT (my boss) only male instead of female. Everytime I see it I laugh so hard and wonder who at my office sent it in. Trust me, I am much nicer and more patient, but somedays, it is extremely difficult. I just come here vent about it.

Marebear... you thoughts on this one? Have you seen the skit? If so, do you think of BPT as well? Also, please tell me that I am nicer and more patient. :)

By Blogger KGrams, at 6/24/2005 10:40 PM  

post a comment

<< Home