My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

It's Time for ~Way Back Wednesday~

If case you haven't heard, Mama Duck declared Wednesdays as "Way Back Wednesdays". If you want to join in on the fun, dig through some nostalgia, fire up the scanner and hop on over to The Kept Woman and let her you know I sent ya. This week's theme is a picture from Junior High.

Now this was a little trip down memory lane or in my case, more like a stumble.



I'm not sure which is worse, the Shag Haircut or the Glasses. Yuk!!! What was my mother thinking? I do have to say that I loved my Butterfly Necklace. But wearing butterfly's with a winter sweater... Where was my fashion sense back then?

Hope you all enjoyed my Junior High Fug Shot and I will catch you later!

11 comments(s):

hey - love the collars!!

but wondering what the photographer was doing to cause to gaze so wistfully leftwards??!!

By Blogger Urban Chick, at 7/06/2005 6:27 AM  

While you were wearing that wonderful ensamble, I was wearing a red jumpsuit with a rainbow trim. Quite the fashion statement weren't we?! The hair could have been worse. Remember that Mom wouldn't allow me to even part mine in the middle, (which was cool at the time) I had to have the dreaded side part. You did however, forgit to finish describing that wonderful outfit. If I recall, you wore a brown pleated skirt, socks up to your knees and brown tie loaffers. My middle school picture is just as bad as yours and I refuse to inflict that kind of pain on rest of the world. HA HA

By Blogger Tina M, at 7/06/2005 8:31 AM  

You are one sexy gal!!!!!E-mail me so I have your email address and I will send you your blinkie.

By Blogger Katy, at 7/06/2005 8:59 AM  

Urban Chick,
Yes, the look... as this was my pubescent geeky years, it could have been anything for a pimple faced boy standing nearby to my thinking of reading another Little House on the Prairie or Judy Blume book.

Easily Amused,
I remember your jumpsuit well. If you don't join in, I will be forced to post pictures that have you in them as well. LOL You must share your pain with the rest of us.

As for my ensemble, you are actually confusing 2 different fashion faux pas. This particular runway statment had a short grey skirt that ended way above the knee to better show some leg action as yes, I did have the wonderful white knee high socks on.

Katy,
Thank you as I don't believe the word Sexy was ever used to describe me during my entire middle or high school education.

By Blogger KGrams, at 7/06/2005 10:44 PM  

Fantastic! I love it!!! Nice collar and it goes SOOOO well with the deer sweater! :) I'm glad you played and are having fun with this!

Easily Amused....ahhhh, but you see, it's just so doggone therapeutic and makes you feel SOOOO much better about yourself today! :)

By Blogger Mama Duck, at 7/07/2005 6:36 AM  

Cool glasses!!
The picture was great and made me laugh!

By Blogger Lucky Lum, at 7/07/2005 1:11 PM  

Fug shot! HA! Oh my word. Hold on, mom still dressed you in junior high?

Butterfly necklace, always a classic.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/07/2005 1:17 PM  

Popping in for the Way Back in Junior High post....

Wow.

What a sweater! :)

By Blogger Me, at 7/07/2005 8:06 PM  

Mama Duck,
I am glad I played, as it is supposed to be healthy to laugh at oneself. But could you guys not laugh quite to loud. I definitely feel better about myself today!

Lucky Lum,
Welcome to my blog, I'm glad I could provide you with a source of amusement.

Crayonz,
No, mom didn't dress me, but as she paid for my clothes, I had to suffer with what she bought for me. Mom didn't give us a choice in what we wanted, it has always her way. Do you still wonder why we don't give her our blog addresses?That summer I got a part-time job and started buying my own clothes.

Marebear,
So you come out of hibernation for this one. THANKS! If you don't join in, I will be contacting your family and getting pictures, there has to be at least 1 pic of you that you aren't perfect in. Don't forget, you mom reads my blog, I will get her on my side.

aka Meritt,
Thanks for stopping by... yes, the picture does leave a person kinda speechless.

By Blogger KGrams, at 7/07/2005 10:38 PM  

now, if someone had been waving a much-coveted copy of 'forever' by ms blume, i would have been distracted too!

what an education that book was...i remember my mom had to ask for it in the library as it was in the adult section (got her pretty worried!)

By Blogger Urban Chick, at 7/08/2005 10:07 AM  

Urban Chick,

Yes, "Forever" was a very good book. However, "Wifey" was even better... when my friend Lumpy and I turned 13, we were able to use our library cards in the "adult section". Needless to say, we definitely hid this book from our parents. If you haven't read it, you may want to check it out. I may have to get it and read it again as it's been so long.

By Blogger KGrams, at 7/09/2005 12:06 AM  

post a comment

<< Home