My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Thursday, June 30, 2005

A moment of silence please...

If you could all pause for a moment of silence as there was a death in our family today. I came home to find Sweetie had died and gone to bird heaven. Poor Peetie has sat in silence all night. (Sweetie was normally the more active of the two and could always get him going).

Now is where I sit her debating... do I get Peetie a new Sweetie or does he stay a widower? I think if I were to pass away, I would want my DH to have someone to take care of him. He had just better wait at least 10 years and she better not be nicer, prettier or skinnier than me or I will haunt him. Oops, sorry back to Peetie and Sweetie. Does anyone know the proper mourning period for a parakeet?




Sweetie is on the upper perch and Peetie is on the lower perch


Sweetie joined Peetie on the lower perch for a little kiss

Goodbye dear little bird...Rest in Peace!

4 comments(s):

i'm so sorry! Was he old? what is their usual life span?

By Blogger N.F., at 6/30/2005 11:31 PM  

Goodbye dear Sweetie.

I don't know about a new mate. Who is their main caregiver? Oh, I should know better to ask that, shouldn't I?

If they make you happy to hear them sing together and kissy kissy, then I say go for it. Hmm, maybe wait a week or two?

Love the threat on DH! I think we all could relate to that sentiment.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/01/2005 8:55 AM  

I should never have to bury a niece. It's all so tramatic. I do however think that Peety should move on with his life. I couldn't stand the thought of spending the rest of my life in a cage alone. Besides, he lives in the teenagers room and the teenager is not home much these days. That will make Peety even more lonely. Sunday we will scrounge every pet store for the perfect mate.

By Blogger Tina M, at 7/01/2005 9:34 AM  

Sucky, sucky, sucky.

I hate when pets die.

By Blogger Mama Duck, at 7/01/2005 11:25 AM  

post a comment

<< Home