My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Monday, July 04, 2005

It's a 3 day Weekend

and you know what that means, no work on Monday!!! Now, this is what I call a true Independence Day.

I had a really nice weekend. On Saturday, Easily Amused, Doodlebug and I packed up and went to the mall for some shopping and a late lunch (We went to California Pizza Kitchen as Lil Sis had never eaten there.) We were supposed to meet up with my friend Gypsy and her 2 girls, but it didn't work out. It's tough to plan around children's schedules.

Sunday, I slept in some and then Easily Amused and I hit the grocery store. This is our least favorite place to shop, but if we do it together, it does make it more fun. We dropped my groceries off at my house and then headed to her house for some fun in the sun. She just got a pool so that we can lounge around, read gossip magazines and drink Daiquiris. OK, before you start getting to jealous, here is a picture of our retreat.



Here is our "Pool Retreat" also known as "The Puddle"

It was a really nice day to relax. We did however make sure to have a water fight with her teenager and then dunk him in the 2 feet of water we had in the pool. After all, what's a day in the pool without a water fight. Note for future reference: Do not have a water fight near brand new gossip magazines.

Now it's Monday. We all know how my Monday's are, but come on this is a holiday and the office is closed, how bad can it be?

Well let's see, I woke up before 7:30 this morning as my phone was ringing. It was my niece in crisis mode who needed to be calmed down. (She thought I would be up getting ready for work as she had to work. Dear Sweet Spaz, I love you, but all office type businesses are closed on July 4th.). I spoke with her, calmed her down and went back to bed. I woke up at 10:40... WOO HOO what a great feeling! Now before you start getting that little green monster feeling of why can't you sleep that late, remember, I normally don't get much sleep. Also, I was up off and on until 3:00 am with female problems. Unfortunately, my female problems had not gone away and when I woke up, I started begging DH to bring me Aleve and something to drink. I finally got up and called Easily Amused to see how she was doing when DH tells me my Cell was ringing. He brings it to me (stubbing his toe in the process... and yes, this is considered my fault). I have a message. I immediately dial in to my v/m and hear the following: "This is BPT when you get this message, call me" click. What am I to do? Yes, I know better, but I called BPT anyway. Apparently there are several people at work and they can't get into the system. BPT of course is no where near a computer much less the office and wants me to dial in. Unfortunately, it is not working for me either. So, I get dressed and off to the office I go. Due to a problem with the A/C unit in our server room, it has shut down causing the servers to start overheating and shutting down. When I get there, I start thinking don't we have a hardware/network person in our office? Don't they live just as close as I do? 1 hour later, I am on my way back home. I get home, take more drugs and collapse on my bed. DH comes in and asks me if I am going to getting ready soon as we need to get going to his mom's house. I just wanted to cry. Can't I stay here I whimper to him with a pouty lip (yes Crayonz, I know it isn't fair to pull the pouty lip thing, but come on, what part of my life is fair?) I Love DH Sooooooo Much!!! He let me stay home while he went to see his family. Yes, this day has a good ending after all.

Hey, I just checked my horoscope on Yahoo and this is what is says:

If you still can't bear the thought of going out there and being with other people in the big, loud, bright outside world, then why force yourself? You don't have to go out. You know it and everyone who knows and loves you will understand.

Wow, the cosmic world really does know me.

Hope everyone had a Safe and Happy Independence Day.

5 comments(s):

horoscopes rule.

:)

By Blogger N.F., at 7/04/2005 8:19 PM  

Well, at least you had 2 good days! Saturday was great! The sales were great (especially Doodlebugs outfits)! I’m ready to eat at California Pizza again. That was soooo good. I didn’t know what I was missing. Maybe we could eat there Wednesday after our pedicures. They are right by Famous (at the mall close to me) and I still need that bottle of perfume. Just think about it, unless there is something you would rather do or someplace you would rather eat at. Hey, am I babbling? I kinda feel like it. Sorry.
Any, getting back on track, I had a great time on Sunday also. The puddle is just the right size and yes, we will have to watch the water fights when the gossip mags are close by. But you have to admit that it was worth it since the teenager got what was coming to him! Haha hehe haha (we are just evil aren’t we?)!!! As far as Monday is concerned, I’m sorry you had a bad day. It just sucks to get called into work. It is pretty stupid that the hardware guy didn’t get called since it was a hardware problem. But that’s why the boss is called BPT! Hopefully someone higher up on the ladder takes notice of all the extra things you do. Hope the cramps are better and glad you got to spend the day in bed relaxing.

By Blogger Tina M, at 7/05/2005 8:38 AM  

Hey, I know that puddle! My daycare lady has the same one - in her front yard (as DHS outlaws them where the kiddos play).

So, did you all get Brad Pitt wet? I'd like to see that sometime.

I can't believe that your boss called you on a holiday. Isn't that why they're paid an absurdly amount more than you? Let them deal with it. Love how the problem wasn't even yours. Watch out, you may be on your way to HVAC school if you keep making yourself available on holidays.

I get those "it's sucks being a woman" days, too. DH is awesome for letting you get some much needed rest. Besides, Labor Day is right around the corner.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/05/2005 2:03 PM  

First of all, let me correct my description of the pool... is it called "The Inflatable Puddle"

Feather123,
Normally mine are totally wrong, but this time, it was right on!

Easily Amused,
Yes we did have 2 great days. CPK sounds great to me, after of course I look at your computer and we get our manicures and pedicures. (Must prioritize you know.) Yes, I am better today, Thanks!

Crayonz,
Yes, he was all wet and all ours!

It really doesn't suprise me that she called, but she at least could have been nicer and said please and thank you. To make matters worse, this morning I asked her about the server that I couldn't get back up and her reply was "I don't know, it's not my problem." I so wanted to say "HELLO.... you are the manager of the IT Dept, it is your problem."

Yes, he is pretty awesome. I also think he was feeling a little guilty as he spent all his free time with his Dad last week (his Dad was in town for the first time in 6 years) and then with his stepbrother on Sat & Sun. I didn't have a problem with it though, it was kind of nice and quite on the homefront and left me more time to blog. I am SO ADDICTED, is there professional help for bloggers???

By Blogger KGrams, at 7/05/2005 10:23 PM  

Dear Addict,

There is no Bloggers Anonymous that I know of, but feel free to start your own.

It's one of the healthiest addictions out there. I think you're okay. ;)

Signed,
Fellow Addict

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/07/2005 1:15 PM  

post a comment

<< Home