My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Saturday, July 02, 2005

How I spent my Saturday... by: Doodlebug

Today I went to the mall with my Grandma (KGrams) and Aunt T (Easily Amused). I love when they take me to the mall. I get to lie back in my stroller and look around at all the lights and pretty colors. People are always stopping and talking to me. They all tell Grandma how cute I am and she always agrees no matter what.

Sometimes though, I like to change things a bit. Today, I decided I didn't want to ride in my stroller; I wanted Grandma to carry me. I love snuggling really close to her and she rubs my back or pats my bottom. If I'm not overly tired, I love to scooch my way up Grandma so that my belly is on her shoulder. This way, I get to look all around and it feels like I'm flying. By the time we left the mall, Grandma looked really tired and was saying her arms were getting sore, but she still smiled at me and carried me anyway. SHE REALLY LOVES ME.

The reason I wanted to be carried today is because I've started eating real food. Yes, they are now giving me food out of little containers. (I love to bite down on the spoon when the put it in my mouth and get them to wiggle it out. hehehe) I started with Sweet Potatoes, last week I had Green Beans and this week I had Carrots. Anyway, between the new food and my Soy Formula that I drink, I have had a hard time pooing lately. (Is this TMI?) To help this some, last night and today, Grandma gave me Pears instead. She said something about maybe Prunes, but she was afraid they would work to well. I beg you please, GIVE ME THE PRUNES!!! Well today, my tummy was so full that I wanted Grandma to carry me and it worked. YEAH!!! Between the pears and Grandma holding me, right there in the middle of the store I started feeling kinda funny and noises started coming from my bottom... they were kind of loud too. ; ) Then all of a sudden, I scrunched up my face, pushed real hard and ahhhhh the relief. Grandma wasn't quite as happy as I was. Hmmm, do you think it is because she was holding me? She was actually holding me in my favorite non-sleepy kind of way, you remember the one I told you about where I have my tummy right there on her shoulder causing my behind to be right there by her face... and she made such a funny face too. Grandma says it wasn't a great poonami, but more of a great storm that rolled in and created a mudslide. I didn't understand this, but my tummy feels better and life is good again.

Oh, and the best part... I got more new clothes today! Check out the pictures of my new clothes. Thanks to Grandma and Aunt T, I am going to be the best dress baby of them all.




Aunt T bought me these outfits.
She said I will look really cute in them.
Grandma, hurry up and wash them for me to wear.










Grandma bought me these 3 outfits.
She said they will be really cool during the hot summer.






Grandma bought these 2 and said they are for my 6 month pictures.
I really hate getting my clothes changed, but I love getting my picture
taken and since it makes Grandma happy, I'll probably let her change
my clothes. Plus, they both havc hats and I look especially cute when I wear
hats.






P.S.
Crayonz, Grandma said to tell you not to worry, that you wouldn't go broke shopping with us. She said they love to find good sales, that it gives her and Aunt T a warm fuzzy feeling to find a great deal (kind of like the feeling I had today, huh?) She even said that the tags on my new clothes she bought today added up to $93, but she only paid $35. Grandpa says she is one of the best bargain shoppers ever.

3 comments(s):

How’s my little Sweet Petunia? I hope someday that you will know how much I truly love you! You have encompassed my life little one.

I too enjoy our mall trips together. Great job picking out your outfits, you may grow up to be a fashion designer (I would hold up several outfits and see which one you went for, then that’s the one I would buy).

There is nothing wrong with wanting to be cuddled., so it’s okay that you didn’t want to ride in the stroller yesterday, besides, you had a tummy ache. You were still a very good girl especially after that slight mudslide. However, your G-ma is in big trouble for making sure I joined in on that particular aroma.

You were so good that you even let me and G-ma look at stuff for us (even though you are the only one that really got anything! My one pair of pants don’t count when you look at all that you got. LOL). I’m sorry you had such a tough time at lunch. Someday soon you will be able to eat real food and drink from a cup. I know that it’s like torture for you, and for that I am truly sorry.

WOW! I love the top of your post! Did your G-ma help with that? She’s soooo cool. All hail the master LOL.

Well, I better stop for now. My comment is starting to look like a blog post instead. Just remember that I love you and I will always be here for you. Love ya…Aunt-T

P.S. Don’t worry about TMI. In the blog world, everything is fair game.

By Blogger Tina M, at 7/03/2005 7:19 AM  

Oh, this just made me giggle!

Doodlebug, you are most surely loved and adored by your grams and auntie. Congratulations on upgrading to table food! That's wonderful. Make sure that grams buys you the Gerber star puffs. My Lauren really loves them and they give me a break from the mess that Cheerios can make.

Your new clothes are so adorable. Not only do your personal shoppers have great taste, but they do it on a budget. Kudos to them for finding the excellent deals. Just think of all the toys that $60 saved can buy you! ;)

Kgrams: You have proved your bargain hunting worthiness. Let's go shopping!

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/04/2005 11:55 AM  

Easily Amused (aka Aunt T),
Yes, I do know how much you love me, Grandma tells me all the time. She also reads some of her blogs to me and tells me she will save them for me to read when I'm older.

Grandma shouldn't be in trouble, She just wanted to make sure that you were able to share in "All" aspects of my life. hehehe She didn't want you to feel left out.

Crayonz,
Thank you for noticing how loved I am. Grandma tells me about you and your daughter Lauren and shows me Lauren's picutres. My favorite one is the one with the butt ruffles, as we girls must look good ya know. She also is a special girl who is very loved. Maybe we can play together someday while you and Grandma shop. If your ever coming to Missouri, let us know.

I am loving the new food. It tastes so good and it's fun to raspberry people while eating it. hehehe Do I have to have teeth to eat the Star Puffs? I'll ask Grandma to buy them for me, I know she will, as she never says no to me.

My love to you all.. Doodlebug *Phwwwwt*

By Blogger KGrams, at 7/04/2005 5:38 PM  

post a comment

<< Home