My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Monday, July 11, 2005

What's your thoughts on this?

OK, I have been thinking... yes, I will pause for all of the smarty pants comments that are being made at this time. Oh please, don't even tell me you weren't thinking of something when you read that line, I know better.

Alright, now we can get back to this. So anyway, one of my least favorite things to do is go grocery shopping and cook dinner. (They are only beaten out by drain and toilet cleaning) Don't get me wrong here, I LOVE to cook, bake and make great things in the kitchen. I just have 4 big deterrents... time, creativity, the teenager and DH.

Herein lies my dilemma, I ask them... what would you like for dinner this week and the standard answers to this question are... I don't know, I don't care or it doesn't matter. So, once again it is left up to me to come up with planning the meals for the week and then I have to go shopping for the food as none of them want to go. Now the best part is when I go to cook dinner at night and I get the comments like... are we having that again?

So, here is my thought... how about a Smorgasbord Sunday? Each week, I can name an item, then on Sunday, we can all post recipes based on the item. For example this week can be "Something on the Grill" and then Sunday 7/17 (a VERY GOOD DAY INDEED) we can all post our favorite grill recipe and share them with one another.

Comment and let me know if you would be interested in joining in and I will create a list.

(Spaz, I know you don't have a lot of recipes, but I am sure we can do something with hot dogs for you one week. LOL Actually, this would be a great way to fill your recipe box and make some home cooked meals for your DH.)

6 comments(s):

The Idea is awsome! I too get no help planning what to make for dinner, but when I cook, they sure are quick to offer up thier complaints...We just had that last week. This reminds me of something my DH did yesterday, but that will be bloged aboutbecause he really pisses me off some days!Can't wait to play this Sunday.

Oh, by the way, why did you say the 17th was such a good day???? HEHEHEHE Are you working on that guess yet?? You still have till Saturday at 11:59am

By Blogger Tina M, at 7/12/2005 7:30 AM  

Oh man. I am so not the cook. And with my low cal diet, it's pretty much the same thing over and over with different seasoning. I do have some recipes that I wouldn't mind sharing, though.

Also, there are some neat recipe sites out there. Some free ones are

www.allrecipes.com
www.mealsmatter.org

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/12/2005 9:34 AM  

Hey, I just thought of something that may help out on the organization of this little project. Start a new blog and add those who would like to contribute as authors. That way it's all in the same place and it doesn't disrupt your usual content.

Just a suggestion. You won't hurt my feelings at all if you'd like to do something different.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/12/2005 1:26 PM  

Crayonz,

Great idea... I haven't got much of a response as you can see. But I may start it and see if it takes off. THANKS!

By Blogger KGrams, at 7/12/2005 11:50 PM  

I bet I could get my Austrailian blogger, 4Sanity, to join in. She's my recipe queen. Loves to cook.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/13/2005 9:26 AM  

Any updates for this? Bente over at www.babblingbente.blogspot.com was just saying how she was in a recipe rut and was asking for recipes...

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/16/2005 9:46 AM  

post a comment

<< Home