My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Way Back Wednesday #2

It’s time for everyone’s favorite new game sensation… Way Back Wednesday!!!

Mama Duck over at The Kept Woman came up with this game, so if you would like to play, please feel free to join in, just tag back to her site and let her know I sent ya.

This week’s theme is PROM.

Mama Duck, you have really done it this week and have no clue what you have asked of us. It took me hours of digging to find this picture as I thought for sure all copies of it had been burned, but low and behold I still had one tucked away in a box of memories I am keeping for the teenager.

Ok, before you look, I must ask several things of you first.

1) If you have not visited the restroom in the last hour, please do so, as I am not to be held responsible for any adult peeing their pants from laughter.
2) Remember, it was 1985… no one looked good then!
3) Please keep in mind this little piece of information…. 2 weeks before Prom, I went camping and in not wanting to fish all day with the rest, plus in an effort to try to have a tan body for prom, I decided to lay out and read a book. Unfortunately for me, I fell asleep and no one with me had the common sense to wake me up until my skin was so red, that Elmo looked pale in comparison to me. Yes, due to the severe sunburn, my face swelled like a balloon and I actually had water blisters all over my body… oh yes, what a wonderful time I had.

Well, you asked for it and you have agreed to all of the above. So, here it is, my Prom Picture.




Thank you all for visiting and laughing at, I mean with me.

Have a great Wednesday!

7 comments(s):

Ahhh, I remember that dress fondly! I was hoping to borrow it for my 8th grade graduation (until Mom got me that purple floor length number with the white pok-a-dots). Love all the tulle! The only thing I can say good about the dress now is that it's pink ~ so your skin kinda blended in, maybe next time the Kept Woman will lend you her red one, LMAO! So sorry for all the laughing right now. Just remember, that on your prom night I was worshiping your dress!

By Blogger Tina M, at 7/13/2005 12:09 PM  

I don't know what's funnier, this post or the used car salesman hairdo on your date!

Aw, that's a terrible experience that no teen should be subjected to. I really can't tell that you're sunburned. I think that the pink dress was able to draw out the redness or maybe just distract me from it. I'm not quite sure. ;P

Water blisters? Ew. Reminds me of Lauren's gum zits. EW.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/13/2005 12:52 PM  

grrrrrrrrr.....you fine thing;)

By Blogger Katy, at 7/13/2005 1:20 PM  

Ha! Your date looks like he is about 30 years old. ;)

I was at a 1985 prom too (I was only 14 but went because my boyfriend of the time was a Junior). I wore a long dress too! Long and frilly. Egads, what were we thinking?

By Blogger Me, at 7/13/2005 1:53 PM  

HOLY SMOKES. This is the winner of the day I think!!!

That dress reminds me of Barbie. I don't know why, but it's flowy and pink. Now let's talk about your date..maybe he'd like to participate in future WBW for therapy, no?

By Blogger Mama Duck, at 7/13/2005 2:52 PM  

Easily Amused,
The dress actually came in purple too, as someone at prom had it on. Which is actually the real sad part of it all, that 2 of us actually picked out, paid for and wore this dress.

Crayonz,
I think you were just distracted. Also, by Prom night I was already peeling... as we were trying to put on foundation and blush, we were actually rubbing my skin off. It was definitely "grody".

Katy,
You are so kind.

Merritt,
I don't think I like you... you were 14 in 1985! Clearly, we were not thinking at all.

Mama Duck,
Normally, I would be happy to be declared a winner, but in this case, I definitelly think I won for being the worst and that is just not right. OK, do I get a prize? Can I redo my Prom at least the dress and date???

This comment is for everyone out there except Easily Amused as she already knows this...

First of all, my prom date was 2 years older than me, he had just turned 20 and I was just shy of my 18th birthday.

Secondly, you were all so gobsmocked by the dress and huge glasses, than none of you noticed the ring on my left hand that I was so prominently displaying. This was my engagement ring... yes, this dork is my ex-h (I'm sorry, but I still can not write or say the entire h word when it comes to him) and the Teenager's dad. I met him when I was 16, got engaged at 17 and married at 19. Yes, some of us will do anything to get out of our childhood homes.

Why or why didn't I cover up (better yet, cut out) his face like one of the other bloggers did. She should get extra points for that one.

By Blogger KGrams, at 7/13/2005 7:01 PM  

NUH UH! So, you were into the used car salesman look, huh?

I can't blame you for wanting to get out of the house. Instead of getting married, I went to a math and science school. Sometimes, I wish I had gotten married instead.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/13/2005 10:43 PM  

post a comment

<< Home