My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Another great day

I have sooooo many thoughts right now that I would like to post.

First of all, I would like to thank Easily Amused for a FABULOUS dinner tonight. She invited my family over for dinner and it was really great. She cooked a turkey, stuffing, rice and fresh green beans with potatoes, what a meal! I do have to mention that when we were eating the green beans, she states "watch out for the bones". I was instantly amused by this comment. (OK, to clarify so that people don't think we have totally lost it, the bones were from the ham that was in the beans.)

Her guys did make me feel right at home, as when I needed to use the bathroom, I found that there was no toilet paper... yes, it was just like being in my own home.

Na na na na na, I guessed my present.... ok, it took quite a few hints as I have not been on my A game lately, but I finally guessed it. A beautiful Sun Catcher made of twisted wire with glass grapes. I can't wait till I can hang it up. I'll make sure to post a picture of it when I do.

I asked my boss today if I have to come to work tomorrow. BPT immediately responded Why? I stated that I just need a day off to regenerate and get a few things done and as I have 4 weeks of vacation to take, I would like a day off. BPT agreed!!! YEAH... I don't have to work on Wednesday. This should also give me time to dig out my prom picture so that I can join in on Way Back Wednesday.

Note to Easily Amused... I just want to confirm that you stated the following:
You did not have Brad with you in the inflatable Puddle on Sunday.
You were ill on Monday night with food poisoning type systems and are not sure why.

I would like to say this on the matter... I do not believe you for one minute. The reason for my refusal to believe your story is that Brad has been checked into a hospital for Flu Like Symptoms. You can click here for more details. This is just too much of a coincidence don't you think? hehehe (Yes, I amused myself again today.) Hope your feeling better!

3 comments(s):

You have been hanging around me for far too long, hence the getting amused pretty easily. Oh, and the use of the "hence" word. HA HA.

You are soooo welcome for the meal. It wasn't a big deal at all! Can you believe that the turkey was only a little over $1.00/lb? I could have fed a family of 15 for next to nothing. I need to go back and stock up on turkey! Instantly amused by the bone comment was putting it mildly. I thought I was going to have to perform the himlich(spelling?) because you were choking on dinner when I mentioned the bones in the greenbeans! I added the ham shanks for seasoning and the meat cooked off the bones but I didn't take them out.

I'm sure you enjoyed having no TP upstairs when you pottied. If you wanted to deal with that shit (no pun intended) you would have stayed home! LOL. Oh, by the way, did you happen to notice the note written on the tp by the teenager in the 1/2 bath? I saw it this morning. That boy has too much time on his hands!

I'm glad you finally guessed what the gift was because I was really wanting to give you both gifts!

What's up with BPT? You know, now that I think about it, I realize she probaly doesn't want you taking a vacation because she would actually have to do a little manual labor. It's in her best interest to give you a day here and there.

Since this comment is becomming a post in it's own right, I will explain the "Brad" thing in my post today.

See ya!!!!!!

By Blogger Tina M, at 7/13/2005 9:24 AM  

Ooh, that sounds yummy! I think I had a tuna fish sandwich and a couple of Twizzlers for dinner. Yea.

The toilet paper thing is killing me! I think my record for empty tubes is four. You know how you get fed up and you just say, "Let him change the dumb thing!" They don't even notice, I swear.

Your present sounds just lovely. Please post some pics!

Man, 4 weeks? I'm hording the 7 days I have left. I'm out of sick days because I got pink eye the second week of work this year and had to take all 5 sick days. That sucked. Hope you're having a blast today.

I'm definitely starting to sense a conspiracy. EA and Brad? Wow, I'll be checking the newsstands this week!

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/13/2005 9:32 AM  

Easily Amused,
Yes, I have been but that's ok, after 35 years of putting up your baby spoiled brat self, I kinda like ya. LMAO here.

Ok, you apparently haven't really seen my family really eat. I buy a 12 lb turkey and am lucky to get 1 extra meal from it. Yes, there was total amusement. Bones in the beans... still laughing hahaha.

Yes, I saw the note, I actually tore it off and left it on top for other to enjoy.

Crayonz,
Twizzlers and you didn't share??? We love twizzlers (ohhh, a childhood memory just popped into my head... we actually used to bite off both ends and use them as straws before eating them.)

I am sure they didn't notice... men are just like that.

Yes, I am lucky in that I get 4 weeks vacation, 2 personal days and 5 sick days per year. I actually have like 20 sick days banked. I definitely need to start taking more time off work.

You search the mags and I'll check all on-line gossip sites for Brad and EA.

Marebear,
Good Morning!!!
You have got to be kidding! BPT is definitely delusional. BPT is just mad because with me doing client appts and the extra work load that I have taken on, that I have been not always been available to help others and they are having to call her... because they have to, not because they want to. So you spoke to the former slacker? Do call and tell all as they had lunch last Friday.

Dinner was just because. No, you haven't missed my Bday...yet. It is (drumroll please) this Sunday, 7/17. Yes, I will be officially 1 step closer to 40 this Sunday. WAHHHHHHHHHHH

By Blogger KGrams, at 7/13/2005 11:33 AM  

post a comment

<< Home