My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

It's my turn...

Yes, I have been tagged to play the "Meme" game. Mama Duck over at The Kept Woman decided to go with a K theme and that included me.

The Rules are:
Remove the blog at #1 from the following list;
Bump every one up one place;
Add your blog's name in the #5 spot;
Link to each of the other blogs for the desired cross pollination effect.
1. Shop Dungrees
2. Under 21 not allowed to enter
3. Wonderful World of Christie
4. The Kept Woman
5. My Life as a Middle Child

The Next Step is:
Select new friends to add to the pollen count. She did say that no one is obligated to participate but that we'll all laugh and call you names if you don't. This is why I played, i know I will get more than enough laughs when I post my WBW Prom Pic today.
1. Easily Amused
2. Drama Queen
3. Urban Chick

The topic is "5 things I miss from my childhood".

This was definitely a wonderful trip down memory lane...

1. Playing Jump Rope, Red Rover and Dodgeball (not the extreme kind they have today) on the playground at recess.

2. The Library and Reading.... I used to get so into my books that I would actually start reading them as I was walking home from the library. I once had the dream of actually reading every book in the children's section. My favorites were... anything by Judy Blume & Beverly Cleary. I also loved reading The Nancy Drew Mystery Series, The Little House on the Prairie Series. Encylopedia Brown books were also great as I loved to figure out the mysteries. Yes, I was a geek and joined the summer reading program every year.

3. The old Sears Store. I remember the escalator was in the middle of the store and it used to make the most wonderful little "ding" when you were riding on it. Also when you got down to the first floor, there was a candy & nut counter. They had warm roasted cashews, peanuts and fresh popcorn. Ahhh, I can smell them now as I sit here typing this.

4. School Supplies... what is it about the smell of a new pink eraser or fresh pack of crayons? They have always been favorite childhood smells... I love shopping for the teenager's school supplies now and visit the office supply store frequently.

5. Friday Nights... my dad use to give us each $1 for an allowance every Friday. Easily Amused and I would go to the corner candy store and pick out wonderful treats to eat and then come back home and watch the Sonny & Cher Show and the Donny & Marie Show. (Yes, we are sure showing our age here!) Our favorite snack was to mix Cheese Popcorn, BBQ Fritios and plain M&M's in a brown paper bag and eat it while watching our shows. (We actually did this a few weeks ago when we were indulging in the inflatable puddle, only we used a bowl and found that Strawberry daiquiris go quite well with it.)

Thanks for the trip... tag you're it!

4 comments(s):

Speaking of old TV shows, I LOVED Donny & Marie! Although I was a deluded child who thought they were a married couple at the time. I shudder to think about that now...

By Blogger Mete, at 7/13/2005 10:58 AM  

Oh, you are so going to die for sucking me into this one!!! LOL I'm wiped out from WWW, so I'm not posting until tomorrow on this one.

What's with the "amused" girl on your site? Are you hanging around me too much?
And inquireing minds want to know WHY THE HECK DON"T I HAVE ONE OF THOSE YET?!?!?! Don't you love me anymore? Fix me, fix me, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By Blogger Tina M, at 7/13/2005 11:28 AM  

I miss jump rope and cartwheels. I used to kick everybody's butt at jump rope in gym class.

Judy Blume and Beverly Cleary were my favorites, too. Sometimes I just wish I could read adolescent books all the time instead of grown-up books. Okay, so I still do. Harry Potter, here I come!

You two are so cute. If I ever get to visit the puddle, I'll bring some Twizzlers.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/13/2005 12:58 PM  

Mete - Yes, you should shudder.

EA - NA NA NA NA. No, I am not hanging around you too much, we are just too much alike and we are brining it out in each other. Scary huh!

Crayonz - Remember double dutch and chinese jump rope? I love the songs we use to sing when jumping rope. We will have to pass them on to Lauren and Doodlebug.

Don't worry, you will get to read them with Lauren. When the Teenager was in grade and middle school, I read all of his books. Tangerine and Holes were both great books. Judy Blume has also written a lot more tales of Fudge now. (Her adult books aren't to shabby either.)

Yes, come to Missouri and visit the puddle. All flavors of twizzlers (except the black) are accepted.

By Blogger KGrams, at 7/14/2005 11:10 PM  

post a comment

<< Home