My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Monday, July 18, 2005

The guy, the shower and other thing

Wow, last week just flew by, time really does speed up as you get older. (See, I can laugh at myself for getting a year older.)

Here are a few items from last week:

The Guy (I know what you were thinking, but no the shower is not part of this story.) I hate men drivers who think they own the road. Now this comes up as last week when I was on my way to work, this guy pulls up to the right of me at the stop light. Now, there was only 1 person behind me, but did he get in line? NOOOOOOOO, he had to pull up next to me and he starts inching forward in his lane to beat me, as the lane he is in becomes a parking lane on the other side of the stop light. Well, being the little devil that I can be, and knowing the light sequence so well, I waited, watched the intersection carefully and when the light turned green, I jumped on the gas pedal and beat him across the intersection. He looked floored when he pulled in behind me, I guess he didn't think a girl in a girly SUV could take him. HA, take that and EAT MY DUST!

The Shower - now this story is just sad. First let me give you a little bit of a picture of the set up. My shower is the kind in a bath tub, and it is not the brightest place to be, as I have a shower curtain and there is not a light over the tub. Secondly, I do not wear my contacts or glasses in the shower. OK, now back to the story... I was taking a shower the other morning (ok, before the wise cracks start, I take one every morning) and saw something move on the side of the tub near the bottom. My mind started racing... OMG, did that just move? What is that? I grabbed a 1 liter bottle of Biolage Shampoo and proceeded to pound it to death. Upon further inspection after getting out of the shower and putting on my glasses, it appears that I put to death a poor defenseless piece of fuzz. (Please don't turn me into the Fuzz, I mean Police for murder.)

Now the other thing... I totally amused my DH this week. While I am a constant source of humor and amusement in his life, this one totally caught him off guard as it wasn't due to my superior witt or keen sense of humor. LOL It was due to my toes... Yes, I amused my husband with me toes. (Hey, before you start laughing too much, EA actually amused herself with her own toes last week. Yes, we are a sad pitiful family.) So, I was standing in the kitchen looking in the freezer for something when he just started starring at me. You know the look, the one where you check to see if you have something green in your teeth or that all your buttons are buttoned and zippers are zipped. Well, he was looking at me like that and then he got this silly smile on his face. I asked What?!? He answered check out your toes, they match your pj's. I looked... and he was right. Here is a pic of my toes with my jammies. (Mel, if you're out there reading this, you may want to turn away as I know you have a problem with the french manicure on the toenail thing.)



So, that catches everyone up on my week and I'm ready to start a new one.

P.S. Late B-Day gifts are accepted and will not be returned to sender. hehehe

5 comments(s):

WOW!!! Twice in a row!!!! Yeah....I'm first!!!

You go girl!! You showed that male shov. pig who was boss! I hate guys like that. He just didn't realize that you inharated a lead foot from our daddy. hehehe.

Okay, I have no room to say anything about the shower (been there, done that), so we will just drop that.

Now this just has to stop!! The amusements have gone way too far! This is my job! I swear that I must be rubbing off on you guys.

Can't wait till we get out toes redone tomorrow!

By Blogger Tina M, at 7/19/2005 8:14 AM  

Dang it. I was so hoping to be first.

I play that game every morning. I win 95% of the time. Jerks. Like I'm not late, too.

My vision is quickly getting worse, but I'm nearsighted. Had that fuzz been 15 feet away, I would have run for the hills.

You just make me jealous with your fancy toes and matching PJ's. It just makes me want a pedi even worse. I'm trying to be a good mom and save money, here! You are both bad influences on me.

What, you're having them redone tomorrow? What's wrong with them?

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/19/2005 8:33 AM  

EA - Yes, sometimes we must show others who is boss. (Just make sure our teenagers don't know that I did this as we much instill in them to be cautious drivers and let others ahead if they are in a hurry.)

Glad I'm not alone in the shower. Well, you know what I mean.

Amusements NEVER go way to far. I'll have to post the running out of gas story for you sometime, this will definitely amuse you.

Yes, Wed night, here we come!!!


Crayonz - I'm sorry she beat you, but it wasn't by much. Try again another time. (Here's a tip, if you really want to be first, keep in mind that I normally post late at night. ;)

I too am nearsighted, but in the darkness of the shower and with shampoo running down my face, I wasn't sure what it was and I was not taking any chances that it might have been a spider. Why do spiders like bath tubs and showers so much?

Us bad influences??? Never!!! I'm trying to be good and spend less money too, but I figure I work my butt off and I deserve a treat now and then. Plus between the pedi's and the blogging, it's really cheap therapy.

Oh, I guess you didn't know. I am are sooooo addicted that in the summer, I go every other Wed night and now I have EA going with me. (I've been doing this for about 3 years now. I only go 1x per month in the winter)

EA and I could make every other Thursday's post.. "Show your Toes Thursday", so that you can see them. hehehe

By Blogger KGrams, at 7/19/2005 6:39 PM  

That's funny, indeed.

By Blogger Melodee, at 7/19/2005 7:16 PM  

I'm so hurt...bad influence? Why, I "resemble" that remark!! Brahahaha

By Blogger Tina M, at 7/20/2005 10:32 AM  

post a comment

<< Home