My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Friday, July 15, 2005

Stuff Portrait Friday

TGIF... It's Friday and you know what that means, time for Stuff Portrait Friday. If you would like to play along, just pop over to random and odd and tell Kristine that I sent you.

This week's theme is the 80's. As if I didn't embarrass myself enough with Way Back Wednesday's Prom theme, here are my pictures:







Something from the 80's that I can't let go of.








At first, I was going to post a picture of the teenager, then decided right now, I could actually let him go. So I went and found Raggedy Ann. The first picture is actually from 1982 when I first got her. My Aunt lived in Boston and came to visit us for the very first time and brought these dolls with her as gifts for us. She hand made them and each has a stitched heart with the words "I Love You" in it. Easily Amused still has hers and it's even in her bedroom. I'm sorry to say that mine had to be dug out of a plastic bin in the basement. Raggedy Ann will not be returning to the basement, she will now have a special spot in Doodlebug's room.








A Picture of me from the 80's





Before we even start on how I look, don't you love the way the photographer of this pic made the stairs the center of attention? It's probably all for the best or else you would be able to see more of me. LOL Yes, the pink eyelet handkerchief shirt and eyelet purse with a wooden handle. Ohhhh... what a fashion statement I was.




A CD or movie you have from the 80's





Actually, I have several, but I went with this one. Yes, I am a fan of the movie Dirty Dancing and I love the music so much that I have the CD in my car. What can I say, ~ (I've Had) The Time of My Life ~ during the 80's and just don't want to completely let it go.

For anyone not believing how great a time it was, Easily Amused, Lumpy and I have purchased tickets and are going to go see Journey in concert.

P.S. Is that song stuck in your head...
Now I've had the time of my life
No I never felt like this before
Yes I swear it's the truth
and I owe it all to you
'Cause I've had the time of my life
and I owe it all to you
Good, cause it's in mine and I hate not to share.

9 comments(s):

Don't ya just love the purses (and styles in general) from back then? I remember my sister had a macramé purse (that she made herself) that was all the rage at the time.

Nice pics!

By Blogger Cindy, at 7/15/2005 7:12 AM  

OMG! I love them all! Raggedy Ann is awesome! I also think most everyone had the dirty dancing cd. I've got it around here somewhere too!lol

By Blogger Renee, at 7/15/2005 7:30 AM  

Dirty Dancing GREAT movie. But I still giggle when I hear that one song that Patrick Swaytze sang (She's like the wind (?)) on the XM radio 80's channel. I preferred his dancing (read: butt) to his singing voice ;-)

By Blogger The Q, at 7/15/2005 8:43 AM  

Ahh, the memories! I remember your unicorn bedroom well. Yes my Rag. Ann Doll still sits in my bedroom! I love her. I hoped that I would have had a little girl to pass her down to, but like you, will have to wait for a grand daughter.

Love the pic.! I remember that top well.

I just watched the making of the movie the other day on the E! channel. One of my all time favorites!

My teenager still tells me that I live in the 80's all the time!

By Blogger Tina M, at 7/15/2005 8:54 AM  

I think I may have picked the doll over the teenager as well. I bet that Doodlebug will love the Raggedy Ann present. Aw.

You know, I think the little number you're wearing is back in style. You just need to be wearing less, like handkerchief size.

Oh yes, love Dirty Dancing. When Lauren and I were in the pool, I lifted her up over me (like in the movie) and asked the ladies what movie it was from. They all looked at me funny and said, we need more. Do some more charades. Since I couldn't bust a move in the pool, I just told them. Sheesh.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/15/2005 9:28 AM  

hey those blouses are back in style again!!

By Blogger Big Heavy, at 7/15/2005 2:58 PM  

Oh you look totally great in your eyelet hanky top!

those stairs are nice too. And I also had a Raggedy Ann! She could totally kick a cabbage patch ass.

By Blogger Amy, at 7/15/2005 3:08 PM  

Alright, here's the really sad thing. THAT SHIRT IS IN STYLE TODAY!!!!! I swear I saw it at the mall yesterday!!

Oh and "Nobody puts baby in the corner!"

By Blogger Mama Duck, at 7/16/2005 12:45 PM  

Cindy - Welcome! I forgot all about the macrame' purses. I used to do those too and even had big brown beads woven into them. Thanks for brining back that memory!

Renee - Nice of you to stop by. Yes, Raggedy Ann is awesome, now if I just had a matching Andy. Go find that CD and play it.

Soozieq- Hello and nice to meet you. Oh honey, I already had that thought in my mind, no addtional comments needed. Did you ever see the movie Roadhouse? There is actually a very quick nekkid butt shot of him. Hmmm, I have TIVO and can pause, I think I need to search for that one.

EA - The memories are great aren't they. Yes, the unicorn room... I was such a romantic fairy tale kind of girl wasn't I (did you check out the nightstand on the left??? I had forgotten about the musical mirror and the I Am Loved pin that I replaced the broken butterfly with.

I watched saw that too a few months ago. I had no idea the temp was freezing when they shot the water scene or that Patrick Swayze hated the line "Nobody puts baby in the corner" They really fooled me.

Crayonz - Yes, she is much cuter and definitely doesn't talk back or have that "leaving" problem the teenager has.

Back then, the shirt was quite riske'. Today, it is considered way to much material. So let's see, today's style is smaller, I am bigger. No, just not a good combo. I'll leave that shirt for the 80's.

I can't belive they didn't get that. See, you should have been in the puddle with EA and myself, we would have gotten it.

Big Heavy - Thanks for visiting. Should I be concerned that you are aware of today's fashions?

Amy - Nice to meet you. Yes, the steps were pretty good looking. Raggedy Ann vs Cabbage Patch - my $ is definitely on Raggedy Ann.

Mama Duck - Ohhh, you were at the mall... tell what did you buy???

Again, I'm staying away from the current handkerchief fashion it as smaller shirt (probably made from kleenex size) and larger body just don't mix.

That's right damm'it, baby belongs on the aisle!

By Blogger KGrams, at 7/16/2005 2:54 PM  

post a comment

<< Home