My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Monday, July 25, 2005

The sights, sounds and smells of a concert

AMENDMENT TO POST:
I apologize to my fellow bloggers, however, I left out one high point of the evening that I must add. One of the members of our little group decided during the concert to take off her bra. Now as we were as far back as you could get from the stage, we were quite curious as there was no way it was ever going to make it to the stage. No, she was just hot and uncomfortable and decided to take it off and put it in her purse. Yes, the section we were sitting in truly should have been called "adult only". Also, no matter how much you try to get me to tell you, I won't name names on who this person was, I will only say it wasn't Lumpy and it wasn't me. hehehe


As previously noted, Lumpy, Easily Amused and I purchased tickets to see Journey. On Saturday, Lumpy came to my house as she actually lives a good 90 miles southwest of me. Once she arrived, we picked up EA and the three of us braved the midwest heat and started our roadtrip to see Journey. (FYI... it was an outside concert)

$24.50 and it included parking and a free CD.


Here's a copy of their new CD that will be coming out this fall.

Journey took us on a Journey back to the days before Infinity with some instrumental selections. There were ok, but we were really wanting them to get on with the good stuff. When they did, it was great!!!

As they don't allow digital camera's in, I took my old camera and got some pics, but now the camera will not open and release my film. If I can get it to work, I will come back and add the pictures.

The extra entertainment of the evening...
The Cave Man - This was a guy with hair practically down to his butt and fanned out across his back. He must have walked by at least 20 times to go get more beer.
Guitar Mugs - These were beer mugs shaped like guitars (they amused EA).
Paris - Yes, there were Paris Hilton wanna be's strutting their stuff.
Hanky Panky - There was a couple on a blanket and she was, well, ummmm, touching his nether region. Yes, this was taking place before it got dark. Can we say... Get a Room.
More Hanky Panky - after it got dark, there were 2 girls in their late teens, early twenties standing behind us having a caressing and kissing extravaganza. They finally got mad and moved on as some guy kept staring at them. (Hmmm, imagine a guy watching this) I'm sorry, did we purchase tickets in the make out section or what???
Magnetic Blinkies - You know what I'm talking about right? Well, one guy had these attached to the tie strings of his shorts, which weren't tied and were hanging down. You get the picture I'm sure.
Shirtless - Why do men think they all look so good without their shirts? We saw more guys with tiny chests and beer bellies than should be allowed.
The Couple - Then, there was the couple who looked to be in their early Sixties. I say ROCK ON!!!
Where to pee - The group walking in before us were telling stories of how they actually pee out their car windows when they are on the highway as they don't like to have to pull off to a rest area or service station. Can we say Hoosier!!!
How you doin'? - Lumpy and I were walking to get refreshments when 2 younger guys walked by and wanted to know if we were enjoying our evening. We both burst out laughing and decided they either had not had enough or needed way more beer.
Do you smell what I smell? - Yes, we smelled it. Someone near us had the inevitable concert accompaniment... weed. (Maybe I should have brought my bracelet buddy for them. LOL)

OK, now I know your thinking... Wow, what a deal. A concert, parking, advanced copy of a new cd and all the extra entertainment for the low low price of just $24.50. Well, here is where they made up for it.

Chair Rental $5
20 oz Bottle of Coke $4
Bottle of Water $3
Frozen Lemonade $5
Beer $6.75
Pretezel $3.50
Concert T-Shirts $35 and up

An entertaining evening out with the girls... priceless!

7 comments(s):

First! I would say it sounds like fun, but I'm sure there's a reason you failed to mention lingering BO.

Wow, cheap tix sure do bring em out, huh?

Glad you all got out and had fun!

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/25/2005 8:03 AM  

For an evening out with the girls, it is totally worth it. Even if you have to save for months just to purchase a beverage! :)

By Blogger Tammy, at 7/25/2005 8:48 AM  

You forgot the bra?!?! Okay, maybe a little TMI, but lumpy saying "I don't think you can make it to the stage" when I took it off was just tooooo funny! But I was hot and uncomfortable!
NOTE: we were in the rear of the lawn seats ~ way far from the stage.

We had a great time!!!
Decided on that favorite song yet????

By Blogger Tina M, at 7/25/2005 9:21 AM  

Crayonz - Actually, amazing enough even with the high temps, I was lucky enough not to smell the lingering scent of BO. Oh, I know why, we were up wind!

Yes, cheap tix definitely brings them out.

Thanks, maybe next time you can join us after all, your only another state away.

teh - yes, it is totally worth it. The beverage purchases may just cut into my pedicure allowance.

EA - Yes, I forgot the bra. I will immediately amend my post.

By Blogger KGrams, at 7/25/2005 10:32 PM  

That is too funny! I seem to remember EA's penchant for ditching the over the shoulder boulder holders.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/26/2005 8:26 AM  

Crayonz - Oh, you were able to figure it out.... good detective work. LOL Yes, we have to keep an eye on her whenever she is out in public, as you just never know. Plus, those are some boulders she's letting go free out there. ROFL

By Blogger KGrams, at 7/26/2005 9:19 PM  

Hey, I wasn't running down the stairs, so there was no chance of putting an eye out,(ROTFL) besides, I just wanted to fit in with the crowd. It's truly amazing how many women don't wear bras. What's up with that? I never go out in public (except by accident) without it!

By Blogger Tina M, at 7/27/2005 9:45 AM  

post a comment

<< Home