My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Attention Sports Illustrated Magazine

Look no further as we have found your next Swimsuit Edition Cover Model...
If you would like, we can play in the sand.

How about we just pull up a rock and talk for a little while.


Anyone for a little rafting???

Would you like to see something a little more middle of the book type? How about this one...


This is what I like to call my after the beach party laying around at home look.

Yes, it appears that Doodlebug is ready to start appearing on magazine covers. I had these done at Sears today and promised myself that I would only buy a couple. Yeah right... looks like I'm going to need a second job to support my picture habit.

8 comments(s):

Did you know, the flip flop anon. meetings have picture meetings next door? You may want to join. Or actually, you beter not cause I love my pics of DB!!

I had a great time today, glad you could spend it with me and Mom!

These pics are to die for! Can't wait to get the up on the mantel.

By Blogger Tina M, at 7/30/2005 9:14 PM  

Oh ya, forgot to say....HA HA, I'm First!!!

By Blogger Tina M, at 7/30/2005 9:15 PM  

Those are precious!! I'll be first in line to buy the first issue!

By Blogger Tammy, at 7/30/2005 10:13 PM  

Oh my word! Love it, love it, love it!

Love the title, love the comments. You'd better watch out or Miss Centerfold will be taking up some pole dancing lessons for herself!

Ha! I need to get my butt to Sears, pronto. I need to email mail you about what's the best scam, er, package to buy.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/30/2005 10:16 PM  

That last line surprised me... these were done at Sears!? Wow. They did a great job. Typically 'hit or miss' you got a hit! I'd jot down that photographers name for future reference. :) (The B*W one is my fav).

By Blogger Me, at 7/31/2005 9:21 AM  

A star in the making. I don't know how you get her to pose like that!

By Blogger Unknown, at 7/31/2005 10:05 AM  

EA - yes, you are first. (teh & crayonz, it's only because I called her and teased her that I had a new post she had to see.)

Yes, I think I will skip the picture meetings. I do so love my Doodlebug pictures. As a matter of fact, I told DH today that I must go out and buy a back up system for my computer as all of her pics are on it and I would be devistated if they were ever lost.

teh - Thank you, I'll let you know if they take me up on the offer.

crayonz - Ahh, see this is the beauty of the pics, she will make enough money that she won't need pole dancing. LOL

I sent you an email, hope the info helps. Please keep in mind, they have set poses they do, if you want something different or special just ask. I have found that I get more of what I want when I speak up. Also, you can bring any props you want and they will work with it... well, maybe not Farkota.

Meritt - I have had wonderful luck with Sears. It's really all about speaking up about what you want. i.e. the rock picture, EA wanted to see a pic with some leg showing through the slit and we needed her to be able to stand or sit just right, I saw the rock and presto, a picture was made. Also, Aimie Jo is the best. I try to get her everytime we go as she not only goes outside the box on her shots, but then comes up with very creative enhancement ideas, like the B&W. They are actually 3 variations of that pose. One has her whole body, she then scrolled in to create the one posted and then saved it again with a rose mat around it.

mainline mom - We are very lucky in that she actually does a lot of it herself. You set her down and she instantly smiles and goes into action. The feet crossed on the raft pic, the leg pulled up on the rock pic and her hand on the shovel in the chair pic are all her doing. Sometimes it takes several tries to get the shot as she gets so excited she looks down or falls over.

By Blogger KGrams, at 7/31/2005 12:23 PM  

ea - Yes, I too had a great time with you and Mom! Glad the two of you could be there as it is a lot of fun and a makes the pics even more special when you are watching her get them taken. DH got to go with me last time and I know it is a memory he won't forget.

By Blogger KGrams, at 7/31/2005 12:26 PM  

post a comment

<< Home