My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Ohhhh, what have I done???

I think I have really done it now. The reason I say this is that I have just spent the last hour trying to get a very tired Doodlebug to go to sleep. I have done everything possible to get this poor tired girl to give up the fight and go to sleep. I have been playing her favorite lullaby cd, while rocking, walking, swaying with and holding her in every possible position available. I even tried laying her in her bed, this action was definitely not appreciated by her. My left arm is now very sore from holding her 18 lb body for the past hour and my right arm feels like it has been used for a sparring partner in a boxing match.

The good news is that she is now sound asleep tucked in all snuggly. How did this finally happen you ask... I gave up. Yes, I finally gave up and layed her down in my bed. Within 2 minutes of her little body connecting with my mattress, she was sound asleep. What kind of a bed monster have I created??? I need my bed for myself, I can not continue to share. Please I beg of you Mr. Sandman, let her go back to sleeping in her own bed.

3 comments(s):

Have you tried moving her to her bed when she falls asleep?

I totally get where you're coming from. My son was the worst sleeping baby in the world. I would have to rock and rock and rock that child until he passed out. Then I would take him to his bed only to have him stand up and scream. We'd start all over again.

Finally, I decided I had to, for my own sanity let him cry it out. I'm sure it hurt me more than it hurt him, but it had to be done. Finally, he started putting himself to sleep.

Just hang in there, eventually, she'll get it.

By Blogger Tammy, at 7/27/2005 8:32 AM  

My kiddo's in my bed right now. What can I say, the bed monster gets around.

It'll get better, kgrams, I promise. What, teenager didn't want to put her to bed?

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 7/27/2005 10:08 PM  

teh - this is exactly what I ended up doing last night. I just didn't want to get her into this habit. She slept with me the last 2 times she was here as she had a fever due to a reaction from her shots and apparantely, she really likes my bed. Yes, at some point I may try the CIO method, but as I am the GMa, I'm not ready for that harsh of a reality yet.

Crayonz - I guess you will be one tired color stick tomorrow. No, as usual, teenager wasn't even here. (He was at EA's house visiting his cousin.)

By Blogger KGrams, at 7/27/2005 11:30 PM  

post a comment

<< Home