My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Do you know what day it is?

It's the middle of the week
It's Hump Day
It's Way Back Wednesday

This week's theme was once again thought up by the one and only brilliant Mama Duck over at The Kept Woman is "A Family Vacation".
I started thinking, we didn't do much in the way of family vacations. During the summer, we would go camping every weekend, but we really didn't take photos or anything. We actually slept in a tent for many years and then upgraded to a pop-up camper. Mom & Dad finally bought a lot and put a small camper on it when I was in high school.

We did however take a few trips to see my Aunt in Springfield, Missouri. While there, we went to Branson and visited the Ozarks College Museum and Silver Dollar City. I used to love the museum, it had a lot of Laura Ingalls Wilder memorbelia, the car from the Beverly Hillbillies show and so many interesting things. Back then, Silver Dollar City was all shops and only 1 ride, "Fire in the Hole". It was a great roller coaster ride for it's time.
So, here is my picture of me and my family at Silver Dollar City's Marvel Cave.



If you check out the first row starting at the left, there is my niece K and then Easily Amused. If you start at the right, it is my cousin L and then me. The very back row on the left is my older sis (doesn't she look just thrilled to be there), mom, dad and my brother.
I hope all your vacation memories are happy ones.

3 comments(s):

Very funky! Ummm, were you guys in some kind of show there? I've not been to Branson, but heard there's lots of country music.

Think I could catch a glimpse of Kenny Chesney (naked)?

By Blogger Mama Duck, at 8/10/2005 7:38 PM  

Believe it or not, they still take your pic and then charge you 8 bucks for it. Got one this weekend!

I've always loved the cave picture.

By Blogger Tina M, at 8/16/2005 9:14 AM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

By Blogger Tina M, at 8/16/2005 9:14 AM  

post a comment

<< Home