My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

How do I love thee...

let me show you how much



When DH came home tonight, he found these sitting on the kitchen table waiting for him.

I stopped by the grocery store tonight on my way home and I saw these and thought wow, those are beautiful and bought them for him. Plus, they were buy 1 get 1 free. $8 for the whole thing, what a bargain. ; )

Then, he turned and found this


This is one of his favorites that I haven't made for awhile. Blueberry-Peach Coffee Cake.

Good thing I took the picture before he got home as it is almost 1/2 gone now.

We used to do things like this for each other all the time. We still spoil each other for Bdays, Anniv & Christmas, but with working so many hours, hectic schedules and the comfort of marriage, the surprises we used to do for one another have taken a drastic decrease. I think I am going to start trying to something unexpected like this for him at least once a month for the rest of the year.

Yes, I love my DH oh so very much!!!

(Note as I'm typing this post, the song For the First Time by Kenny Loggins has started to play on my media player... this is the song we danced to when we got married.)

P.S. if you want to do something special for your other, try making this coffee cake, it's delish and here's the recipe.

BLUEBERRY-PEACH COFFEE CAKE

INGREDIENTS:
1 Pkg Blueberry Muffin Mix (I like the Duncan Hines Bakery Style)
2 Large Peaches
¼ Cup Sugar
¼ Cup Four
½ tsp Cinnamon
2 TBL Margarine


DIRECTIONS:
Rinse and drain blueberries and set aside. Peel and cut peaches into slices and set aside.

In a small bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter and set aside.

Mix muffin batter as directed on the label, except DO NOT fold in the blueberries.

Spread batter in a greased 8" or 9" square pan. Top with drained blueberries and peach slices. Sprinkle cinnamon mixture over fruit. (If you used the bakery style muffin mix, you can also spread the crumb topping for that over this as well)

Bake at 400F for approximately 25 to 35 minutes until golden brown.


5 comments(s):

Those are just beautiful! Rancito likes to go get the 3 for $10 bunches at Albertson's when he cashes his check.

I'm going to have to try that coffee cake. Yum!

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 8/11/2005 7:54 AM  

I'm going to have to try that coffee cake sometime. My husband will LOVE it!

By Blogger Mete, at 8/11/2005 9:00 AM  

Wow! What a good wife you are! Man, I suck.

I am going to try to do better. I am going to do the coffee cake thing! Thanks for posting the recipe!

By Blogger Tammy, at 8/11/2005 9:02 AM  

I am still waiting for some pay-back. He's rather dense that way.

By Blogger Me, at 8/12/2005 9:46 AM  

crayonz - there is nothing wrong with 3 for $10. Yes, try the cake and let me know how you like it.

mete - I hope he does love it. Let me know.

teh - You do not suck. We all just get so busy, that we forget about the little things in life that can really make a person's day.

Your welcome... let me know if you like it.

Meritt - Yes, men can be that way from time to time. Maybe he needs a subtle hint like a brick to the head. LOL OK, I would never really hit my DH with a brick or tell someone else to do the same, but every now and then, it does cross my mind.

By Blogger KGrams, at 8/13/2005 6:41 PM  

post a comment

<< Home