My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Monday, August 29, 2005

Signs, signs everywhere there's signs

Ok, now that you have that song stuck in your head and are hating me, I will try to see if I can amuse you on this one.

While on vacation last week, we were trying to decide where to eat dinner. Here are just some of the choices that we had: (if we drove by it, I did make DH stop long enough for me to snap a picture for you.)

Bambooze
Brew & Que Smoked (Slogan: "We're Smokin' the Good Stuff")
Dog Days The "Dummy" (Slogan: Through our doors walk the finest people on earth, Our Customers.)
Half Sauced Barbeque
Hook & Hoof (Slogan: We'll do the Hook'n & the Hoof'n, You do the Eat'n)
Hooker's Bar & Grill
Hooligan Bay






The Horny Toad @ Toadcove


















Peckers









Pickled Petes
The Poop Deck
Quackers

Yes, there were normal restaurants too, but these names just cracked me up.

My thoughts on a couple of them were:
Hooker's - Not a place I think I want my DH to go
Horny Toad - Not a place I think I want to go as I already had to put out thanks to all your comments.
Peckers - Can't eat here, as this is one of those words that I just can't say without laughing.
The Poop Deck - Sorry folks, not going to eat anywhere that includes the word poop even if they do mean it in a nautical term.

Also, I think the best slogan award has to go to Brew & Que.

5 comments(s):

OMG! Where exactly did you go girl? I've never seen so many strange resturants in one place!

By Blogger Tammy, at 8/30/2005 8:55 AM  

Holy crap! Did you get to eat at all? I mean, how do they stay in business when you lose your appetite at the door?

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 8/30/2005 12:09 PM  

PECKERS - HEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHE

I'm so with ya on the poop thing!

By Blogger Tina M, at 8/30/2005 3:58 PM  

But... which one did you choose???

By Blogger Me, at 8/30/2005 9:59 PM  

teh - we went to Lake of the Ozarks.

crayonz - Yes, we did eat, just not at any of those places. Most of the places are known for being "party hangouts". I guess if you get drunk enough, the name no longer matters and you'll eat.

ea - I knew you'd be with me on both of those.

meritt - None of them. We ate at a restuarant called Lil Rizzos. They had the best Chicken Spiedini (sp?). Other than that, we ate at the condo so that I could spend more money at the outlet mall. I do have my priorities you know.

By Blogger KGrams, at 8/30/2005 10:32 PM  

post a comment

<< Home