My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Sunday, August 28, 2005

My sleep study is over

WOO HOO!! Another thing done and off my list. I still have to wait for the sleep study doctor to review my results and pass them onto my primary care doctor, however the technician told me that I definitely have sleep apnea.

At least I this explains my extreme fatigue, moodiness, forgetfulness and general lack of creativity. I was beginning to think that I was losing it at a very early age.

They had me sleep in a room that actually did look like a small hotel room, so it was comfortable. However, I had wire leads going everywhere. 2 on each calf, 2 on my chest 2 on my forehead and 2 on the back of my head and 2 more at the base of my skull. I also had a wire taped to the end of my finger. I felt like I was wire for sound and movement. Apparently, I was as not only do they have all of the wires leading to a machine to record everything, there is also a camera and speaker in the room that is on at all times. Yes, while I was lying there sleeping, someone was watching and listening to me. Talk about creepy!!!

Then, around 3:00 this morning, she came in and put me on this machine. If the wires weren't already unattractive enough, this one totally put me over the top.

I have to laugh though, as one of the side effects is loss of sexual desire. So, if the doctor precribes one of these CPAP machines for me at home to cure my sleep apnea, my sexual desire is supposed to increase, I'm thinking my DH will take one look at me in this contraption and his desire will hit rock bottom. Won't this be a nice switch, I'll be all want'n some and he'll be all... not tonight, I have a headache. LOL

5 comments(s):

Too friggin funny you are!

Poor baby, having people watch you while you sleep. I HATE LOOKIE LOUS, on blogs and other wise! But, at least you now know what the problem is and can get it fixed. WOO-HOO FOR YOU!!!

As far as the sex thingie, just tape a picture of Pamela Anderson to the mask. hehehe

By Blogger Tina M, at 8/29/2005 9:32 AM  

That is funny. While I was reading that, I kept thinking "Wow, having someone watch me sleep. What if a fart broke out in the middle of my slumber?"

How embarassing that would be!

By Blogger Tammy, at 8/29/2005 10:02 AM  

I moan in my sleep. Nice, huh? Wish I could remember those dreams when I woke up!

Keep the lights low, and DH will have no idea he's making it with Darth Vader.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 8/29/2005 11:36 AM  

ea - thank you, I know I amuse myself and I am glad to hear that I amuse others as well.

Yes, lookie loos/peeking toms are not fun anywhere.

DH says no on the Pamela Anderson thing. Personally, I don't think it's her face the men like. LOL

teh - OMG, I read your comment in my email when I was at work today and it took everything I had not to laugh out loud on this one. I had the same thought when I was lying there and the tech told me there was a camera on me and an intercom.

Actually, the next morning, the other person was still sleeping and I commented that it was kind of wierd seeing them on the monitor and she stated that she is used to it now, but that she has seen people do things in their sleep that she didn't ever want to know about or see. UGH!!!

crayonz - Where they dreams about Brad or Rancito? hehehe

Love the Darth Vader reference. Trust me, at my age and weight I am definitely a lights out dark room kinda girl. You must have been thinking about EA and her garage exploits. hehehe

By Blogger KGrams, at 8/29/2005 10:37 PM  

First off: farting!!! teh has me rotflmao!! How did you keep a straight face!?!? OMG I just about fell off the chair laughing!

Yes, after some questioning of the males in this house, you were right about Pam Anderson

Now do you really have to ask Crayonz who she was moaning about? Of course it was Brad! ;)

By Blogger Tina M, at 8/30/2005 4:03 PM  

post a comment

<< Home