My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Friday, October 07, 2005

I should have gone to work

I took a day of vacation today. The teenager had field day today so I decided to use one of the 11 1/2 days I have left to take him. (read as he is grounded from his car and he needed a ride.)

The day started great, I dropped off my & EA's teenager at the park for field day. I then went to Panera Bread, drank hot chocolate, ate a cobblestone muffin and read some blogs, what a great morning it started out to be. Then, I had a really great experience that I just knew I was going to blog about. At noon, I picked up the teenagers and told them about my experience. They too were excited and wanted me to take them back to where I had been. So, we went home, got the camera (as all good bloggers do) and headed off. We had only gone a few miles when EA's teenager stated that his arm was really hurting from the football game they had been playing and wanted to know if I would take him home. As he didn't have his clothes and house keys, we headed back to our house to get his stuff. This is where my day went down hill....

Lets start now and work our way back...

5) While holding Doodlebug like a sack of potatoes, she decided to have a toot fest (read she was farting in my face). EA, stop laughing, it was not even funny.
4) While crawling around, Doodlebug decided to stop, grab my bare foot and sneeze causing major drool to spew all over my toes and foot. EA, again this is just not funny today.
3) When I picked Doodlebug up from my lap, my right leg had a large wet spot on it.
2) The reason I was picking her up was because she had decided to urp on my left leg.

Yes, I have been farted, drooled, pee'd and urped on today. Really all of these things are minor and normally don't bother me, except I wasn't feeling my normal happy chipper self as the worst of my luck had happened earlier.

1) While waiting to make a left turn (3 blocks from my house) to get my nephew's stuff, we were rear ended. No, it wasn't just a little tap, it was a full fledge, hit dead on. The girl was looking to change lanes and never even knew I was there until she hit us. The only thing that really saved my vehicle was the fact that I have a SUV that happened to come with a tow package. The tow bar actually stopped her vehicle from going further under me and causing more damage. I felt so sorry for the poor girl... she was 19 and had only been driving a few weeks. Let's just hope her insurance is up to date and will fix my car.

Now this accident leads to an even bigger dilemma. Back in April, the teenager was sitting at a red light when someone pulled out of a fast food restaurant and side swiped him on the right front fender. They then took off through the red light. To add to this unfortunate event, he was driving my veh. Then, a few weeks later in May, a guy was going up my street and managed to side swipe my parked vehicle causing damage to the left front fender and bumper. I told my DH that my veh had now been hit twice while stopped and if it happened again, I would be getting rid of it. Well, it has now happened. I really love my vehicle, so do I get rid of it and buy another one? Do I keep it even though it seems like it has a big red bulls eye just like my favorite store?
To top it off, I was trying to upload a picture of my car at the accident, but apparently Blogger is still unhappy with me and wouldn't load any pictures. (I wonder if I went to far in my earlier post and upset him even more.)

Yes, it would have been much easier if I had just gone to work today.

P.S. I did want to play a belated WBW today and SPF, but now I'm just too tired and sore. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow and will be able to catch up on some things.

7 comments(s):

OH. NO. Are you ok? I'm so sorry you had a wreck. I am glad that you were not injured.

I'm glad that you only told EA not to laugh about the farting, etc. I guess that gives me free reighn (sp) to do this: hahahahahahaha hahahah hahahah hahaha (inhales)

hahahaha hahahaha

whooooo. That one almost made me pee my pants. Thanks.

By Blogger Tammy, at 10/08/2005 4:01 PM  

Eww... sounds like you had a stressful day. Sorry about all the bodily fluids, but hey, at least they were Doodlebug's!!! :)

I'm so glad that you love Grey's Anatomy... I hardly know anyone who's as into it as I am. It's the BEST show in the whole entire world. No, scratch that... Universe. Well, at least on ABC.

By Blogger Melissa, at 10/08/2005 4:07 PM  

I too am sorry to hear about your bad day. I hope tomorrow something really really good happens to you!

By Blogger Michelle, at 10/08/2005 11:19 PM  

Since you called me and we have spoken several time while I've been out of town, I feel that I can go forward and comment with out the "is everyone OK" thing. that is the FRIST thing that pops into my mind when I hear about something like that. Thanks for calling me! Thanks for taking care of the teenager and worring about him!!

Okay, now, I know you told me to stop laughing at #'s 5 & 4, but come on, I was LMAO! You have to admit, 3 & 2 were pretty funny also!!

Okay, now, I vote that 3rd times a charm. It's gotta go!! Time for a new fun mobile!!! YEAH!!! But, before you do that, I wanna know, did you by chance check out your nakid butt in a mirror to make sure the giant target sign isn't on you, not just you vehicle??? I'm glad you guys were all alright!!!

Oh, I guess I was wrong. You didn't swallow. Um, maybe you should. It will give you extra bonus point with hubby, Um, no not hubby, that was not what I ment to say, my bad, WITH BLOGGER! Yeah, with blogger! hehehe

By Blogger Tina M, at 10/10/2005 9:15 AM  

Aw crap. I'm sorry to hear that. Well, if she's gotten you through this far, there's no need to trade her in - unless you're wanting an older beater that won't make you feel so bad when it gets hurt. You can always email me the pictures, you know. Me likey some pictures.

And I totally had the sack of potato tootin vision going on in my head. She may like being carried that way, but sooner or later I knew it was destined to backfire, literally.

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 10/10/2005 1:04 PM  

Glad everyone was okay - damn that sucks. I hate it when you are being a good-deed do-er for the day, and then crap like that happens. Hope the 19 yr old insurance is good, I'd get a new vehicle...sounds like that one is just a target for all bad things...LOL Have good one!

By Blogger momma of 2, at 10/10/2005 3:19 PM  

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. Yes, we are all fine... I'm still a little sore, but I guess that's because I'm older and take longer to heal. HA

I am looking into trading in my veh, if I can get my DH to agree. He was actually waiting for this one to be paid off so that he could get a new one, so I will really have to sweet talk him to see if he can wait a few more years. Maybe if the Steelers win tonight I can get him to agree. LOL

Tammy - I new I should have included you too. See my brain was still fuzzy from the crash. Are you sure that you "almost" peed your pants? You may want to check them. ROFL

Melissa - Yes, the fact that they were Doodlebug fluids did make it better. But still, all in one day?

Michelle - Not to worry, I went and took pictures at my new "Target" and shopped at Pier 1. Much better day on Saturday.

Mrtl - you said it sister!

EA - glad I could amuse you, but we all know that doesn't take much. HAHAHA As I was not in the veh the first two times, I going with the bullseye is on the veh, not my behind. Plus, just how big do you think my butt is? Scratch that, I don't think I really want to know.

I'll never tell if I do or don't. hehehe

crayonz - Yes, I'm sure you did. Even though I've described it before, you have to see the way I carry her like this to truly understand. Actually, this one was mild compared to my post of July 2nd. Now that you have seen me hold her this way, go back and read that one, you will be ROLFYAO.

Momma of 2 - I called her ins co today (even though the police tell you everything will be on the report, I get all the persons info from them at the scene as it can take at least a week to get a report and after 20 yrs of writing Home & Auto Ins, I know how the game works) and she does have valid insurance, but had not turned in a claim yet... I then filed one immediately with her company.

By Blogger KGrams, at 10/10/2005 10:42 PM  

post a comment

<< Home