My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

My home away from home

I was reading a few of my favorite blogs the other day and noticed that teh was in creative blog slump and was asking for ideas/topics to blog about. I too have been in a major blog slump lately and have had very little to absolutely no creativity lately. I blame it on the long summer as we are just tired and worn out and of course it couldn’t possibly be a problem with my brain not functioning properly. LOL

So, the other day as I was sitting at my desk trying to get a really long Monday over with, my brain was thinking… (Just incase you’re wondering, yes I do think in lists as I really truly love lists – almost as much as shoes)
1) I wonder where my friends and blog friends are right now?
2) Are they as bored as I am today?
3) Man I need to clean my cube (the dust bunnies are starting to take over behind my monitors.) as apparently, that is not part of the cleaning crew’s job.
4) I’m so bored with my cube, I need to redecorate it.
5) I wonder what everyone else’s office/cube or workspace looks like.

With this last thought, a light bulb went off. I have a new post – YEAH!!!. I ‘m going to post pictures of my work area (after all, it’s where I spend a LARGE part of my time) and ask others to do the same. We know what each other’s bedrooms, kitchens and other various other parts of their homes look like (even some areas that are more than we bargained for) but no clue where they spend large portions of their weekdays. I know some of you are lucky enough to be SAHM, so if you want to join in, post the area you spend the most time in with your adorable children or maybe even the room or closet where you go to hide from these angelic little beings.


Here is my home away from home.



This is my “Career Center”.






Don’t you just love that phrasing for cubicles? Personally, I think it’s more like a padded cell (institutional gray even) with a doorway. Bwahahahahah

As I work with all of the employees in my company and I also hold training classes, I actually don’t spend a lot of time at my desk. So, these are pictures of the training room where I hold my classes and training sessions.














So, now I’ve shown you mine, will you show me yours???

5 comments(s):

Ohh, I'm first!!!!!!

Lovin the witty banter about the closet hiding thingie!!!!!!! I'm not a SAHM, but I try hiding in the closet from the idiots I work with!!! hehehe

I'm sooooo gonna play today!!!

Ohhh, lovin all the Doodlebug pics!!!! I have doodlebugs in my office as well!

By Blogger Tina M, at 9/29/2005 8:29 AM  

Wow...that looks SO much more appealing than where I'm at...

Daughter No. 1 has just emptied an entire dresser, a basket of hangers, a bin of winter clothes and an entire bucket of her sisters socks onto the floor of the computer room.

By Blogger Mama Duck, at 9/29/2005 9:45 AM  

Can you spell "O.C.D."?

Just kidding. Very good/creative idea.

By Blogger Tammy, at 9/29/2005 12:55 PM  

TAG - YOU'RE IT!!

And I expect results this time, sister!! :)

By Blogger Tammy, at 9/29/2005 1:31 PM  

ea - thank you for calling me witty, I've been feeling pretty boring and dull lately.

Yes, definitely play.

The girls at work actually give me a hard time about all the Doodlebug pics I have at my desk. However, they do come by looking for new ones all the time.

mama duck - It may look more appealing, but looks can be deceiving.

The duckling is just helping you organize everything. Bwahahahaha

teh - You don't have to be kidding, I know I'm OCD without a doubt.

teh - Yes, you got your results this time.

By Blogger KGrams, at 10/02/2005 8:17 PM  

post a comment

<< Home