My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Your thoughts???

*** UPDATE*** It seems that everyone feels Doodlebug should remain a Doodlebug. So it shall be. Now, for those of you wondering what her real name is, just keep wondering. OK, just kidding. I have decided that at some future time, I will put her name in one of my posts (I already did this with the teenager and EA did it with her name as well) and hopefully those who want to know, will catch that it is there.


First I must say that blogger is being a total biatch today!

Secondly, I tried to delete the video from my blog, but since blogger was not cooperating, it stayed out there all evening. For this, I apologize to my blog friends and family.

Last and certainly not least, I have a question for you and would like your thoughts. Since I started this blog, I have been calling my precious little granddaughter "Doodlebug" (Doodle or DB for short), now that she is 14 months old, has she outgrown this name?

7 comments(s):

Well, little lady... I don't know if she's necessarily "outgrown" the name, but I will tell you that it's f-ing hard to surprise you with embroidered goodies for her without knowing her REAL LIFE name. :)

And you're right. Blogger is a bitch. (Seriously).

By Blogger Melissa, at 3/17/2006 5:04 AM  

Nah, she'll always be your and our Doodlebug.

Melissa email me, and I will let you in on the secret.

BWAHAHAHAAAA!

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 3/17/2006 7:28 AM  

Umm, Melissa, why didn't you just ask me???? Seriously???

I loves me a Doodlebug!!! It is kinda a baby name, but what are you going to do?? She even responds to it when someone calls her that. I think you are kinda stuck. I'm trying to get out of the habit of calling her "baby girl" when I talk to her. She's not a baby anymore. Ohh, that just makes me want to cry!!!

By Blogger Tina M, at 3/17/2006 9:35 AM  

Damn!! I just noticed the time stam on Melissa's comment!! 5am!! Get your ass back in bed woman!!!

By Blogger Tina M, at 3/17/2006 9:36 AM  

We still call our 3 year old girl "babygirl"... sometimes when you start calling them a name it just sticks... even Pan calls her baby girl.

Doodlebug should stay.

By Blogger Fantastagirl, at 3/17/2006 3:52 PM  

Look EA - if you had two excessively hairy dogs licking all over your face (which translates into "my bladder is only the size of an egg and I know how much you like your carpet"), you'd be up at the asscrack of dawn, too. :)

Crayonz... heehee... sneaky little bugger.

What I really meant to say in my earlier comment was "I'm first, bitches". Oh, and I think you should keep DB - you know, it's who she is. My dad still calls me "Beaner" to this day because when I was little, he called me Jelly Bean... maybe you can shorten Doodlebug and just call her Dood. Or Bug.

By Blogger Melissa, at 3/17/2006 5:27 PM  

Nope. She's always Doodlebug.

Actually my friend's sister was called Doodlebug when she was a baby and as she got older (grade school to now...she's married) she's still Dude (as in short for Doodlebug). Really, that's what everyone calls her.

By Blogger Unknown, at 3/21/2006 2:12 PM  

post a comment

<< Home