My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Monday, March 06, 2006

Seriously?!?!?!

I know I have been using "Seriously" a lot lately, but ever since they started saying it on GA (Grey's Anatomy for any new comers to my blog), I have been hooked on it and it's my favorite word.

In the case of this post, it truly fits. These are just some of the things you would have heard at my house this past week.

Example #1
Hubby - Is this week large trash pickup week?
Me - I'm not sure, I think it might be the 3rd week of the month, but honestly, I don't know.,
You should check the dumpster, it has a sticker on it.
Hubby - I'm sure it's this week.
Me - OK
Hubby then takes the trash out. When he comes back in, I ask him when it is. His response, I don't know, I didn't look.

Example #2
Hubby - I'm looking for a snack.
Me - I gave him several suggestions at which he didn't seem very interested. I then suggested
Teddy Grahams as he and Doodle both can eat them. I also told him where to find them in
the cabinet.
Hubby - This box of cinnamon Teddy Grahams?
Me - Yes, those are the only ones we have, Doodle loves them.
Hubby - Can she have them?
Me - Yes
Hubby - Are you sure she can eat them... won't they choke her?
Me - Under my breath... Yes, that's why I told you to give them to her.

Example #3
Me - I'm going to bed, are you going to come to bed soon?
Hubby - Yes, I will be there in just a minute
Me - OK, what are you doing?
Hubby - Checking my email, then I;m going to brush & floss, then change over the laundry and do some paperwork.
Me - Guess I'll freakin see you tomorrow, huh.
Hubby - Well, when you put it that way, I guess you want me to come to bed.
Me - Under my breath - No, I just asked for no reason.

Example #4
Me - Do you have any spare $, or do you want to me to go the ATM?
Hubby - Do you need $?

Example #5
Me - When you come back up from the basement, will you please bring up the crockpot?
Hubby - The big one that's downstairs? (Please note, this is the same crockpot that I always use and it is always stored on a shelf in the basement.)

Example #6
Hubby calls me at 5:15 and tells me that he is on his way home from work.
Me - OK, we'll be here waiting
Hubby - Who's we?
Me - Me and Doodlebug
Hubby - Oh, is she still there? (Note, she always goes to her Mommy's house at 6:00 on Saturdays and 90% of the time, he is the one that takes her.)

Example #7
I buy a remote to work the PS2 player for when we play Doodlebug's DVDs.
Me - I can't get this new remote to work.
Hubby - Did you put batteries in it?
Me - Oh, silly me, you have to actually put the batteries in it?
Hubby - I mean, did you put them in right?
Me - No, I put them in wrong, just so we could have this conversation. (please see Sunday
random thoughts post about mother nature, yes I am a little cranky) Upon further
inspection of our PS2 machine it doesn't have the little eye on it to read the signal (we bought
it when the first came out) . The remote is now sitting on the kitchen counter with the
package it came in.
Hubby - Did you ever get the remote to work
Me - Uh, no. It isn't compatible with our player, so I have to call the company.
Hubby - So, it isn't working.
Me - The remote works fine, it isn't compatible with our PS2 player, I have to call the company during normal business hours.
Hubby - So, did you call them about it.
Me - I.have.to.call.them.during.normal.business.hours. Sunday is not considered normal business hours. I'll have to do it from work this week.
Hubby - Oh, so it's sitting up here so that you can take it to work and call them.
Me - Y.E.S.

And then there was the incident where I asked him to stir something for me as I was cutting up chicken, dredging it in flour and frying it all while keeping Doodle away from the stove. He question was... Do I stir it real good? My response... As opposed to stirring it real bad? Yes!

Do I need to say more??? Seriously!

So I started feeling a little guilty about ranting and raving on my DH. Yes, I was P.M.S.ing last week and was a little out of sorts and should not take it out on him. Then last night, we had this whole thing with me updating his email address book and sending some emails for him that definitely made me decide I was posting this.

Then today, I got an email from him at work that said this...
"Hi My Love!
I Love your magic fingers your super smart brains and everything about you. Your the very, very, very best!!!"

Now I feel extremely guilty and really shouldn't click on the publish post button, but the bed wasn't made today, so as my Dad used to say, "All is fair in love and war". So, I'm posting as I guess this is what love is all about.

6 comments(s):

I'm first?

Seriously? SERIOUSLY???

By Blogger Melissa, at 3/06/2006 9:23 PM  

Seriously - How did I not get to be first?

I was just dying laughing the whole time reading your post - i was thinking you were a fly on the wall of this house ...SERIOUSLY - and yes I use that word. ALL.THE.TIME....

SERIOUSLY....

By Blogger Fantastagirl, at 3/06/2006 10:41 PM  

You can always delete it later when you feel better. We all have bad weeks, right?

By Blogger ieatcrayonz, at 3/07/2006 10:28 AM  

You go girl. You kill me.

By Blogger Tammy, at 3/07/2006 2:11 PM  

Seriously...I still had to laugh at him even though I already knew all of this before I read the post!! Why are men so dang stupid sometimes?? Are their tighty whities too tight and it cuts off the blood flow to their REAL brain????

See, you are forgeting that they act this way a lot, we as women just tend to overlook it. However, with Mother Nature being a bi-otch last week, it was hard to over look the normalicy of it all.

By Blogger Tina M, at 3/08/2006 9:03 AM  

Seriously, just forgive him for being human.
I, personally, am married to the king of the rednecks, the heir apparent to the throne of the ultimate princedom of male chauvinist pigs, and I just have to overlook him.
Because truly and fer real...he loves me and I might not be perfect myself. (jest a thought).

you make-a me laugh girl.

By Blogger Speckledpup, at 3/08/2006 2:03 PM  

post a comment

<< Home