My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Working at home is tougher than the office

My DH never says anything, but when he comes home from work on Saturday's and finds me in my pjs, he has this look of "It must be nice not to do anything all day". Well, for the record, I would just like to say that I do work on weekends. Do men really have no clue at all what we do all day??? For instance here is what I did this past Saturday...


Changed Doodlebug's diaper
Made/fed her breakfast
Cleaned up a messy Doodle
Changed Doodlebug's diaper
Cleaned up the breakfast dishes
Played in the floor with Doodle for approximately 1 1/2 hours
Changed Doodlebug's diaper
Put Doodlebug down for a nap
Emptied out the Diaper Genie (uck)




Picked up all the toys in the living room, family room and kitchen
(here is just some of the mess in the family room)



Picked up the puzzle from the kitchen table and cleaned the table
Sat down and blogged for a few minutes (also talked to Easily Amused at the same time)
Changed Doodlebug's diaper when she woke up

Made lunch for myself and Doodlebug
Wrote out my shopping list


Cleaned up a messy Doodle
Cleaned the high chair and kitchen floor of all noodles and peas (yes, she is feeding herself and unfortunately, the floor around her)




Changed Doodle's diaper and got her dressed for the day.
Danced and played ring around the rosey with Doodlebug
Played Ball with Doodlebug
Put on Dora to capture Doodle's attention


Picked up all the toys in the living room, family room and kitchen.
(notice the nice mess she left me from her star puffs, little crumbs everywhere)





Looked at clock... it was only 2:00 and I was already exhausted

Ya, it really must be nice to lie around all day and do nothing, but I wouldn't know about that.

Oh, I did dispel his myth that I like to go to Target and/or Walmart and just spend tons of money for the heck of it. How did I do this you ask??? I made him go with me on Saturday night and he saw how easily you can drop $90 on Toilet Paper, Contact Solutions and the such.

4 comments(s):

Woo-Hoo I'm first!!!

No wonder you were wanting me to come over Saturday!! You just wanted me to empty out the Diaper Genie!!! LOL

Men HAVE NO FRIGGIN CLUE!!! My DH always gets mad when I have a day off work and "just sit around the house" while he goes out and works. Yeah, it's tough work to watch the maid clean the house and put away his underware!! He never gives a thought how long it takes me to clean a 2 story house and do laundry for 3 people!!!

By Blogger Tina M, at 3/01/2006 10:17 AM  

Men can be really dumb sometimes...my DH was shocked when we dropped $125 at wal-mart on tp/qtips/the essentials... and got nothing extra... yeah - that stuff just magically appears in the cupboards....

By Blogger Fantastagirl, at 3/01/2006 2:57 PM  

I frequently tell my husband that I want to go to work so I can get some friggin rest.

I hear ya, girl!

By Blogger Tammy, at 3/01/2006 4:52 PM  

Hey, I missed you.

For a long time I kept coming back and all I saw was Doodle Bug's one year pics (cute as they were I needed to hear what you were up to).

Now I shall go back and read what you've been doing.

Guaranteed you haven't heard the last from me tonight.

By Blogger Unknown, at 3/01/2006 8:17 PM  

post a comment

<< Home