My Life As A Middle Child - Putting Together The Pieces

Sunday, February 19, 2006

WTF

OK, I have several rants that I have been holding in and must let out.

1) I agreed to purchase a xmas gift for my boss from our dept. I told them my thoughts on a gift, and they both agreed up front to the gift and the cost. After waiting 2 weeks for one of my co-workers to reimburse me, I sent her an email stating the cost of the gift was $60 = $30 each. (It was actually $62 + the wrapping paper, but I didn't ask for the the difference.) I received no response. Two weeks after that, I receive a bill from LTD there are outstanding items due (all of them where her items). I then forwarded my original email back to my co-worker and added the past due LTD items. She responded this time, but only on the LTD items. 2 weeks after that, (yes, we are now taking February) I forward me email to her again stating that the LTD items had been cleared from my account, and once again noting the $20 due from xmas. She once again does not respond. Three days later, as I am walking out of the room, she says "Oh, here's that $20 you emailed me on". I'm sorry, but HOW RUDE!!! It was $20 that she owed for a gift... I wasn't begging for money, I was asking to be reimbursed.

2) When I signed up for a new cell phone plan in December and when I tried to check the minutes via the internet, I couldn't as they had made my son's phone the primary contact. Hello, who do they think is paying the bill?

3) While on cell phone companies, my son was able to download games, ring tones, wallpapers and upgrade his text messages right from his phone without my permission. When I asked the company, all I get is sorry, we can't help you. When I called them to turn on the text messaging on my son's phone, they told me that they can cancel the subscription service, however, he can still text anyone and receive messages from people at a cost of $.05 per msg. When I expl my son was no longer living at home and that I had the phone, they said sorry, if anyone sends a msg, I will get charged even if I don't read the msg. What a rip off!!! (I have had several other friends complain about the same thing with other cell phone companies.)

4) My DH and I went to the Titanic exhibit for Valentines Day. About 1/2 way through, a group of teenagers came through and were quite loud and rude and weren't even looking at the exhibits, but just standing in the way.

5) Recently, I was stopped at work to help someone with their computer. They stated they needed help with Lotus. I told them that I was sorry, but that I did not know Lotus and could not help her. She stated "What do you mean you can't help me". I again explained that I do not know anything about Lotus and that as we do not have this program, we do not support it. She exclaimed to me that we do have this program and that I should know it. I went back to her desk and she pulled up an excel spreadsheet. I explained to her that it was Excel, not Lotus as we do not have Lotus. I also helped her to fix her problem... it's called maximize your screen and you will get your scroll bar. Biotch

6) I went on a client appointment last week. I arrived approximately 5 minutes early and asked for the person I was meeting and gave my name and company. A few minutes later a lady comes out with a puzzled look, introduces herself as the person I am to meet and says... "Who are you?" I give her my name, my company's name and the reason I am there. She then remembers our appointment and tells me that she didn't have a paper calendar when she made the appointment with me and never wrote it down. On top of that, she tells me that she is really busy and just doesn't have time for me and would like to reschedule. Hello, I drove 30 minutes to get there to see her.

OK, that's enough ranting for now, but not to worry, more to come later.

2 comments(s):

I hate people. And big companies.

By Blogger Tammy, at 2/20/2006 9:26 AM  

Tammy - you and me both!

By Blogger KGrams, at 2/20/2006 9:44 PM  

post a comment

<< Home